Wednesday, October 07, 2009

10 Smile Tuesday...Wednesday edition

I've been hearing a lot of crunching below my feet lately. There seems to be a brisk chill in the air that makes me want to watch old movies and drink hot apple cider. I've been cooking things that warm your heart and body lately, things like chili and chicken noodle soup. Apples are literally falling out of my fridge. I may have bought too many.

Funny how this time of year my body craves comfort foods. I think my body is in preparation mode for the coming months. Gotta get some extra rolls going on to keep me warm while I hibernate.

There, of course, have been lots of smiles in the midst of this new season. It's always a busy time of year, and, as usual, we are on the go. In just one month I've travelled to Gatlinburg, then to Nashville and this weekend to Chicago. Whew, I'm ready for no more travel for awhile. Like I said, hibernation is the key!

So, here are some of the joys of the past week:

1. Last minute trip to Chicago to attend my cousin, Kimmy's wedding. We decided to go spur of the moment and are really glad we did. It was nice to see many extended family members and just to see the joy the day brought my cousin and her long awaited "prince".2. Dancing. Lilla is the dancing queen. No one else had begun to dance yet, but she just couldn't help but shake her groove thing. The child loves to move and twirl and had such fun when her skirt would blow out. She just loved being in her "beautiful dress."
3. Birthday party. What child does not like to go to birthday parties? I'm sure I don't know as my kiddo loves them! One of her good friends, Kendall, turned 3 this weekend and she had a ball being the one to start everyone in singing, "Happy Birthday."4. This picture. Just because I think it's stinkin' adorable!
5. Not the best picture of this outfit, but it's so cute I wanted to share it with you. I got it for $8 at Target, they have $4 shirts and yoga pants and I just love it. Apparently others do too though as I see kids everywhere wearing the exact same thing. Oh well, still love it!6. Festival time. It is definitely that time of year for festivals, including in our town. This past weekend we had our annual event, which is always fun to go to. We live in a small town so it's nothing major, but it's just fun to do something community oriented and different here.

7. Children's musuem. Yesterday we met my sister and her kids at our children's musuem. Every kid loves that musuem, it's great! We didn't stay long as Ms. Lilla was not having a good day, but that's the beauty of a yearly pass, you don't feel like you have to! Love it!
8. Like I said, the comfort food has been flowing at our house lately. And the fun part about it is that Lilla is really getting into cooking. We've made pumpkin bread and stuffed pizza pockets, chocolate chip-peanut butter cookies, chili and stir fry together recently.
9. Schedule. Last week, after two years, Michael's work schedule finally changed. He was getting home at 9 every night and is now getting home around 5:30pm. I am still getting used to the idea, it is just so different, and I love it! I am so thankful for the change as it is so great having him home at dinner time and helping with the girls at night. I'm still getting used to waking up early, but it's so worth it!

10. More celebrations. Our friend, Tom, had a birthday this week too and we were invited to share in the celebration with his family as well. We had a lot of fun just hanging out, eating yummy food and the guys had a great time playing Madden on the wii. There is nothing in life like good friends, that's for sure!

And a couple more for the road...
11. Starting a new bible study, 40 days of love. Looking forward to the weeks to come!

12. MOPS on Friday, such a refreshing time to get to spend with our women.

13. Shopping alone. Seems small, but as the mother of a 9 month old and 3 1/2 year old, it's a big old smile all in itself!

What are you smiling about today?

4 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I hear ya on the shopping alone! :) Love your new background-perfect for fall :) Take Care Amy :)

gail said...

Recipe for pizza pockets, please!

Jacy said...

Love your smiles, Amy! The pictures of Lilla dancing are too adorable! And little sis is getting so big!!
You have my mouth watering too over your pizza pockets, you need to share that recipe!! lol
Hope you have many mores miles this season!
xo

Rebecca said...

great smiles! lilla dancing is so precious! and the pic of anna and your hubby...adorable!
i'm making lots of warm comfort food here, too! love the fall!