Thursday, November 30, 2006

Learning how to do the watermelon crawl

So this week my daughter finally began crawling. It was such an exciting time for my husband and I as we watched her actually move from place to place without having to just throw her body there. That is how she has done it up to now. Also, she does this back up thing where we say, "Beep, beep, beep", I suppose you probably had to be there but trust me, it's quite amusing.

Anyway, as she gets faster and understands more that she is actually able to move herself from place to place without the assistance of her sucker mom, I just see how this little miracle is changing right before my eyes. Less than 10 months ago she was just a bundle of blankets wrapped up and ready to come home from the hospital, and now she is becoming more and more independent of her mama. Amazing how that works, the rest of her life is going to be more and more of the same. It's a strange knowledge, it's really the circle of life, but, it kind of makes me sad. :(

No comments: