1. Our town is super small so not too much unique or fun things to do in it. That's why recently when a little cupcake shop opened, boy, were my friend Carrie and I all over that action! We took our girls, she has a daughter 2 months younger than the peanut, and enjoyed cupcakes and Capri suns on the patio. So sweet!
2. We actually got to the cupcake store an hour before it opened so we decided to take a stroll down the street where another friend from MOPS lives to see if she were home. She was and was overjoyed to see us at her door. She moved here 6 months ago and she said that was the first time she felt like this was her home and not just visiting. Who knew such a blessing could come from a stroll? :)
3. We decided to continue our excursion and walk by the court house fountains, which the girls promptly took their shoes off in front of and splashed around in. Oh, what joy! 4. A friend of mine from when I lived in Seattle just moved about 15 minutes away. She and her daughter, who is 2 months younger than the peanut, came over for some playtime the other day and it was so nice to catch up and just have a good time!
5. The letter P. The peanut and I started doing preschool at home last week and she is LOVING it! She already recognizes a P and told Michael the other day that Pig and Penguin start with P. I almost fell over!!
6. Baby. The other day while in the library bathroom, the peanut pointed at the little footstool and said, "Baby." I looked down only to see that the word baby was on it in huge letters. I was floored!! A few days later I asked her what the same word said and she again said, "Baby!" I have no idea where she learned that, incredible!!
7. Jostles. So my little pea in the pod has, in the last week, decided to start dancing and moving and grooving in my belly. I am amazed when I look down and see a bump here, a thump there. I missed it so much in the last 2 1/2 years, I am loving feeling it again!!
8. Deals. Saturday we dropped by Old Navy to see if they had Halloween costumes yet and whew, were they having the sale. They had adult jeans for $12!! Michael is hard on jeans so he really needed new ones and got 3 new pair for the price we would have paid for 1!! I love it when that happens!
9. Polka dot love. Also on Saturday we went to the outlet mall and found the kids a couple of things. My favorite though is a fall vest for the peanut that is brown with pink and orange polka dots all over it. It is kind of heavy but she so loved it, she walked around in the 90 degree heat sporting it, so cute!!
10. Giggles with Daddy. That night after we got home, the peanut wanted in the pool so bad that Michael got in with her. I was inside and could hear the laughing and fun having when I decided I couldn't miss the moment. I threw on my bathing suit and we played dolphin, made waves and just had a terrific time being a family. Gotta love it!
What are you smiling about today?