Tuesday, July 29, 2008
1. VBS. Oh, it was just so fun to watch the kids have such a great time and really learn the truth about creationism and be able to refute evolution. Most of it I already knew, but I have to say, it sure was a good refresher for me. Loved it!
2. At the end of the program on Friday the 2 and 3's sang Jesus Love me and repeated the verse, "Your word is truth." John 17:17. It was so fun watching Lilla learn it and say it. She particularly loved to say 17:17! So cute. The peanut is the shortest of the kids. You gotta watch a few seconds in to see just how adorable it gets.
3. On Saturday we had a birthday lunch for my brother at Longhorn. Right after lunch he proposed to his girlfriend! Yes, right there, in Longhorn. We all almost flipped out. Looks like there will be a November wedding. Crazy times!
4. After that birthday party, we went to my good friend, Claudia's, son's 1st birthday party. It's always nice to see my friend and her parents. We couldn't stay long but you gotta love sweet fellowship like that!
5. Following the birthday party, we headed an hour and a half away to my parent's house. We dropped off the peanut and went to my 15 year high school reunion. Something which I thought I'd never do, since I was so shy in high school and never spoke to anyone, but I actually had a really great time just catching up with people and finding out, whatever happened to???
6. The peanut has been doing this new thing lately, when she sees my husband after work she runs up to him, hugs his legs and yells, "I MISS YOU DADDY!!" So precious!
7. Two zucchini and four green beans. Yes, weird I know, but my garden has finally produced something other than lettuce and strawberries. The flood basically rotted the roots of everything so we thought it would be totally dead, there are some things growing finally though, very exciting! The cantalope plants are getting really big too so hopefully something will happen. Along with the pumpkin plants...let's just hope. LOL
8. The other day when my husband came in from mowing he was going to jump in the shower when he passed the peanut while taking off his shirt. She immediatly had to do the exact same thing and follow him around the house doing whatever he did. She's been doing a lot of that lately, she just wants to be like him. It reminds me of how we should be with Jesus, disciples.
9. What happened? This is the question always on the peanut's lips. While it can drive me nuts, I love that she is interested in discovering the world around her and wants to know what's going on.
10. Clothes. My sister in law was so kind to bestow me with another bag of clothes for the peanut on Sunday. As free is my favorite price always, I much appreciate the passing on of clothes!
What are you smiling about today?
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Can life get anymore precious?
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Well today is one of those days for me. I just feel like I have nothing left to give. Pregnancy is probably part of it, and lack of really good sleep is a contributer, but I think the larger part is something much bigger: the peanut!
She's saying, "No pictures Mama!!"
She has just been such a firecracker lately. High energy, crabby, fit throwing, screaming MINE to anyone with eardrums, low patience levels, selfish...oh, how I could go on. She is just an absolute pill right now and I have to tell you, my own patience level has worn pretty thin in the last few weeks.
It's funny, when I was pregnant with the peanut my husband prayed for a strong willed child. His thought was once she becomes a Christian she will not be swayed by the ways of the world, but will be a leader. She will come out fighting for what she believes in and never back down. That is what we hope for.
Well, God does answer prayer, as we know. And he answered this one in a big way. She is certainly one of the strongest willed children I have ever known. She just has a philosophy on the way her world should be and darned if it doesn't go that way, she is going to let you know about it. Oh people, good times.
So, I am praying that God will give me strength and energy in the days to come. That I will not back down from parenting her in a Godly way and not just giving in to her because I'm tired. It is difficult, but I know that God has given me the tools to do just that, so I have to so her heart will be turned to Him.
Now, will someone please pass me a Redbull? :)
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
1. Meeting my brother's new girlfriend for the first time. My brother never has a girlfriend. He is way too shy and introverted but he finally braved the waters, went on Eharmony, and met someone. And, I really liked her! She was just like us. We just sat around and talked all night, laughed a bit, cried a bit (hey, we are girls after all!) and just had a super time. Don't you just love meeting someone and making an instant friend?
2. Fireworks. This is the first time the peanut really got to enjoy the fireworks as she was so young in the past. She was just watching in amazement as they went off. We got two nights in a row of them so it was good stuff. Here's my favorite picture of her watching them:
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
3. Garage Sale Awesome Deal. So on Saturday we decided to go garage saleing again and what I was looking for is one of those Little Tike houses for the backyard. Totally found one at the first place we stopped at. I told Michael if it was anymore than $30 we wouldn't buy it. (They are like $140 new) I could hardly believe it when they said $5!! Then, they delivered to our house!! They totally had to have spent that much in gas just getting it here, probably more. And the peanut is crazy about that thing. She says, "My house." And tells me she needs food for the table. So cute!
4. Festivals. I love festival season, my favorite part about summer. We had a little art one in our town this weekend and I found someone willing to make me a sling for $18. Very cool since I am always seeing them online for like $60!
5. New bible study. Some girls from my MOPS group have decided to do a small bible study this summer. I'm excited to learn some new stuff and to make some new friends. It should be good!
6. Church picnic. On Sunday we had our bi-annual church picnic. It's walys fun to eat yummy foods and hang out with great people!
7. Hospital. My insurance fixed their differences with the hospital we wanted to deliver at so we get to go back there, yahoo! It's close to my in-laws and has a NICU so we just prefer that to our local itty bitty hospital.
8. Pesto Pasta. So my Basil has suddenly gone nuts so I've been making Pesto like crazy. I just put it on some bow tie pasta and it it sooooo yummy!
9. This picture, because dang, my little girl is C-U-T-E!!!
10. New clothes. I got some clearance maternity stuff from Babies-R-Us last week and then I went to this kids retail store where they were clearancing their maternity stuff. So, I got a like new Motherhood Linen summer outfit (black and tan) for $5!! I love a bargain!!
What are you smiling about this week?