Sunday, December 17, 2006

4 down, 2 to go


So here we are at the "most wonderful time of the year", and I have to tell you...I am TIRED. Oh, yes, so tired. Even though it is just at the beginning. This last week we have been to 4 Christmas parties. I was supposed to go to an added one last night, but by the time we had returned from Louisville Lilla was acting kind of funny and I had a feeling she was getting sick so we sat it out. It's a good thing too because she is very sick and is now on some pretty strong meds. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

Anyway, I digress (does anyone ever notice I use that word way too much, I get off the subject way too easily apparently), after seeing the doctor today, we did head out to my mom's with an added 3 hours of driving and celebrated a small family Christmas there. Now, we have two parties left. One, is the party for my husband's family here in Indianapolis. That is always a crazy time. There are about 30 of us, and half are little kids that are very excited about the gifts, and it is just utter mayhem. The paper is flying, the mouths are squealing and the food is being dropped all over the floor. Chaos! And, since I come from a fairly small family, wow, is it overwhelming!

Then, Christmas day we are driving to Chicago for a big party with my extended family. I think it will be more of the same from the previous day, only more adults doing the squealing and dropping food thing than the kids. Ahh, the holidays, got to love them!

No comments: