Monday, February 18, 2008

Dr., Dr. Give me the news...

Sickies: Does it seem to you like everyone you know, plus their mother's brother's fifth cousin is sick? Me too! And that includes us. The whole past week the peanut and I were nearly immobile just trying to make it through the day due to sickness. On her birthday we took her to the petri dish that is the Children's Musuem and we have been ill ever since. Monday night we had to take her to the ER because she was so sick. Seven hours, 3 x-rays, 3 swabs, 4 nurses, 1 doctor and, I'm sure, thousands of dollars, later, we found out she has pneumonia. Poor little thing, she was just struggling so bad. Fortunately, we caught it early and she's been on antibiotics all week, which really seem to be working, so she's on the mend. Unfortunately, the antibiotics are hard on your digestive system so her little tooshky is on fire right now. Only four more days and it will be done though.


The plan: I got off my Richard Simmons work out kick in the meantime and gained several pounds back. Darnit! This morning I got up though intent on getting back on the kick and I did make it through three songs. Hey, you gotta start somewhere, right? :)

Funnies: So yesterday I'm putting the peanut in the car to go to church and she looks up at me with the sweetest smile and says, "Shopping?" Oh my, what have I done to my daughter? LOL I then told her, "No, we are going to church to see our friends." She got so excited she threw her waffle and shouted, "FRIENDS!!" Apparently I'm depriving my child of friends. Her absolute favorite thing to do right now though is go through my purse, pull out my makeup brush holder and start 'putting on' make up. She gets so excited to say, "Makeup." I'm so not kidding. Is she all girl or what?

So that's about the jist of what's been happening around this joint. What's been happening at yours?

3 comments:

tami and todd said...

Yeah, we're all sick here too... I'm ready for this season to be over! That is so cute about your girly-girl! I've already corrupted my girl to, she's a die-hard shopper as well!

Full of Grace said...

I have a sickie at our house too! Cassandra is once again battling wheeziness, coughing and breathing in general. I hate it that she gets so sick so often, I feel helpless!!!
Hope peanut keeps on feeling better :)

Amanda said...

the girls have both had a touch of the sickies...and i seem to be getting it now...not too bad yet, but you never know what might come! the new pastor is not "internal"...his name is mark, and he is phenomenal...check out the cpc website for more info! we are so excited about this new chapter in the life of the church!