So many smiles going around our house lately. Admittedly, some hard times too as we continue to face the struggles of three year old tantrums, baby bawling and mommy meltdowns. But that is what the best part of doing a 10 smile Tuesday is, although no one else in the wide world may see it, I can look back and remember the good things that happened, the smiles that we shared and the blessings God has given my family over the past week. Now that is something to smile about!
1. Today was Anna's first story time at the library. You know I had to take a couple of pictures, but that camera is in the car so you'll have to use your imagination on that one and trust me that it really was very sweet. Especially when the song required clapping and Anna got so excited she could do something and just giggled away, clapping and laughing the whole time!
2. Lilla also started a special storytime today, as she is in the preschool one now and goes all by herself. I actually didn't realize it until the teacher told me when I walked in the door. Although she couldn't tell me what they did she seemed to enjoy it, such a big girl!
3. Gymnastics. Lilla absolutely loves it. She has such a great time each week, although it gets her a little too excited some times. It's just so cute to see her in her little outfit, doing the balance beams and bars. It was something I always wanted to be able to do as a child, and never did, so I'm glad she has the chance. Such fun!
4. The park. We go to the gymnastics at our local parks district so the playground is just a short walk from the building. Every week Lilla asks me if we can go visit and this week we did with some friends who go to gymnastics too. We had such a nice time just hanging out for a bit with our kiddos and enjoying the warm weather. Such a nice unexpected visit!
5. Chicken Parmigiana. You know, I just have to mention some delicous food I've had in every 10 smile. Apparently, eating brings me smiles! Anyway, Michael got a gift card for his birthday so we got to go to Carrabas on Saturday and eat way yummy food! If you have one near you and have never been, do yourself a favor and go! Their chicken parm is just fantastic...mmmmm!!
6. Vacation. For labor day weekend we were just going to take a short trip down to Tennessee to see my dad. Well, the three days wound up being 7 days, crazy I know, but it wound up working out because of Michael's work schedule and being able to take a couple of extra days. It was a free trip down and free accommodation, so it was kind of silly to say no. And sometimes it's just nice to get away...the kids had fun too!
7. Lilla got to go on rides...
Michael did too...
8. There was lots of swimming, thanks to my aunt and uncle and their timeshare.
9. We got to spend time with my dad, his new wife and my aunt and uncle. They got to love on Anna and watch Lilla make up all kinds of songs and dances.
10. And we enjoyed the apple barn on more than one occasion. If you have never been to Pigeon Forge and don't know the Apple Barn, I'm very sorry because you are missing out. Mmmm...apple fritters with apple butter, gosh they are gooooood!
I've got some bonus smiles too...
Free tickets to Dollywood.
Free tickets at an amusement place where Michael took Lilla for some rides. They had buy one get one free tickets and then a lady that was leaving just handed Michael some extra ride tickets for Lilla. Love free!
Watching everyone dry off in the "heater" after Lilla convinced everyone to go on the water ride on a chilly, overcast day.
Seeing how much courage Lilla had as she went on every ride they would let all 37 inches of her go on. Amazing to see how she just has no fear!
An impromptu day spent with my sister's family when we went to pick up our dog. They live an hour away so we don't get by much these days, so it was nice just to sit outside on the swing and chat, eat homemade pizza and play Clue. Good times.
What are you smiling about today?