The saga of the sick continues over here in Amyland. We finally took the kids to the doctor this AM and found out little Ms. Anna has an ear infection and Lil has strep throat. Michael is on his way to the doctor as I write and hopefully they will say it is nothing with him. My throat is a bit raw today, but I'm hoping it's just the power of suggestion. I'm headed to Mexico tomorrow for 6 days and feeling sick would kind of stink. Blah.
So, in light of all that cheery news, there have been some smiles around here since last I wrote.
1. VBS program. Lilla is in the blue dress. He, he.
2. Canoeing. I didn't get to go, but Michael and some other guys take their girls on a daddy daughter canoe trip annually and Lil just loves it. Can't wait until Anna is old enough too!
3. And speaking of VBS, what a fun summer it has been for Lilla getting to do VBS at 5 different churches. She had such a blast and really enjoyed all the different themes and stories and games. This has been a good summer for her. I think it's been a good summer for Anna too, as she has been able to get some mommy and daddy alone time that she has not been afforded in the past.
4. Funny. Laughter is just the best when we are feeling so under the weather and it's the small things that make you smile. The other day I was asking Lilla if she could help Daddy while I'm gone on a trip for 5 days. She replied, "Oh alright, but I'm not changing any diapers!" LOL
5. Despicable. I never take Lilla to the movie, it's always a daddy thing to do with her, (and will be for Anna too, when she's old enough!) but when a friend invited us I got to and we saw Despicable Me. I had never even heard of it before, but I loved it. So cute and such a great message. Will definitely be buying this one!
6. Pizza. This is going to seem so lame in the grand scheme of things, but we live out in the country and for three years no one has delivered pizza to us. We just found out Papa John's changed their rules and delivers now. Yay!! I tell ya, it's the little things. :)
7. 30 Kids. Last week at our VBS, we saw 30 kids come to Christ. 30 Kids whose lives can be changed forever. I'm not taking that for granted at all. (And seriously, pizza looks really lame compared to that big dog! LOL)
8. Jam. The boysenberries are finally growing this year in my yard and I was able to harvest enough to make 5 half quarts of boysenberry jam. Oh my goodness, it is so good! Love my strawberry jam too, but this is running in a dead heat with it for sure!
9. Dollar spot. I love the dollar spot at Target. Seriously, I just think it's great. This week they had a ton of stuff that will be great for homeschooling kindergarten. $1 boxes of flashcards, like presidents and landmarks and animals. $1 tools like a big spongy clock to teach time. $1 classics like Peter Pan and Huckleberry Finn. And, some fun workbooks too. Love it!
10. And, speaking of schooling, I love this time of year when school supplies are so cheap. We've gotten all the necesseties for so cheap, and Lilla really enjoys having all of these supplies all her own. It's really getting us geared up for what's coming up very soon.
What are you smiling about this week?