Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Showers of blessings

Lately it seems like there is a lot of heartbreak in blog land. I don't know why, but it seems everywhere at I "click" I see stories that just make me want to hug others, let them know they are loved and whisper words of hope.

I think this has made me particularly thankful this autumn. I think going through the class I am and pondering the theology that is so solidly in my soul, again makes me even more thankful. Then, I turn to my family, and words are not enough to express my gratitude. But, they will have to do, since that is all I have.

So, I thought I would make a bitty list of some things that I am grateful for today. Hope you are able to do the same!

1. The promise of heaven.
2. My husband.
3. Lilla
4. Anna
5. My home.
6. My church.
7. My parents.
8. My siblings.
9. Their spouses.
10. That my brother is able to walk after a very bad skateboarding accident this summer.
11. The change of seasons.
12. My dog.
13. The classes that I'm taking which are challenging me.
14. My bestie, Shelley, and her family.
15. My other bestie, Carrie, and her lovely children.
16. My camera, which has captured so much this year.
17. My blog, which has enabled me to share some special memories and thoughts.
18. Blogland and all I've learned from all of you.
19. The Bible which has come alive to me more this past year.
20. My husband's job which has provided us a living this year.
21. My mom mobile which takes us where we want to go.
22. Our zoo pass, which has given us many wonderful days.
23. Our children's museum pass, which has given us much education.
24. The opportunity to homeschool my children.
25. Music, as it plays a huge part in my daily life. I'm listening to Ray Charles singing Christmas carols right now. :)
26. Hearing my daughter read and seeing her recognizing words. Amazing.
27. Anna developing right on path.
28. Anna's warm hugs and kisses.
29. Lilla telling me I'm a good mom.
30. Hearing my husband sing Amazing Grace to the girls last night.
31. My husband's family, who always welcome us in.
32. Awana, which has taught my daughter such a huge amount of bible verses it just amazes me.
33. God's amazing grace to me, even though I surely do NOT deserve it.
34. The opportunity to help people who are struggling. I'm thankful to be part of a church that does community well in reaching out to people.
35. My whole family is healthy right now. Not even a runny nose in the bunch. Now that's something to be thankful for!

What are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

gail said...

I hope you have an extra special Thanksgiving, Amy.

Alex said...

I love your list. Great post. You're very blessed!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?.