- Have I ever told you guys I am a cryer? Well, I am. I'm not a sobby, why oh why me cryer, I'm an everything touches my heart mushy girl cryer. That is my normal state of being. When I am pregnant, this is magnified. My friend Carrie and I took our girls to the zoo the other day and during the dolphin show I was so overwhelmed with love for the peanut thinking how full my life is because I get to teach her about things like dolphins, that I just started crying. Yep, apparently even dolphins can make me cry these days.
- Everyone keeps telling me they can't believe how vocal the peanut just got over the past few weeks. She's actually always been vocal, she's just coming out of her shell more and making more sentences all of a sudden. The peanut has been saying some of the funniest things lately. Like when I go to the bathroom and she'll say, "Mommy go potty?" I'll say, "Yes." She'll say, in her very excited way while clapping her hands, "Good job Mommy!! Daddy, Momma go potty!!" Or when Michael takes a shower, "Daddy shower?" My response? "Yes, Daddy is in the shower." Her response, "Daddy stinky." That one kills me!! Or her sweet response when I tell her I'm not feeling so good, "Mommy sick?" I'll respond, "Yes, mommy is sick." She'll give me a hug and say, "Mommy better." I mean come on, who is not going to find these things just adorable?
- Speaking of the potty, we are making progress. As long as there are no pants, she goes on the potty each and everytime. If there's a diaper, not so much. So, she knows the score. Smart girl. And, there is a lot of nudey butt in this house lately. LOL
- This pregnancy has been harder than I remember the first being on me. I worked a 40 hour week the first time, now I just feel like death all of the time. It has been exceedingly hard for me to get out of bed everyday. If I could just stay there I would. I feel bad for the peanut as she really wants to get out and do things but I just don't have the energy to move. The poor kid is going to turn into a Backyardigan if I let her watch anymore TV! Also, the nausea is definitely worse than with her. At least I got relief when I ate something the first pregnancy, not this time. I'm just always feeling like I'm going to throw up. It's good times. And don't mention food around me because the names of any food make me want to yak. Yeah, grocery shopping with me right now is a real walk in the park. Hopefully it will be over week 12 like it was with the peanut.
- Today was the last day of MOPS. I forced mysef to go today, and I'm glad I did. It has been a really great experience and I'm glad I got to say good-bye for the summer. I don't go to that church so I don't see them on Sundays! I'm on the steering committee so I will see some of the girls for planning this summer but we are changing our format and a lot of the team won't be back next year so it's nice to say good-bye. Tonight is a MOPS night in but I just don't have the energy to go.
Now that you've gotten the Amy update, what's going on with you all?