Gosh, I can't believe how long it's been since I posted a 10 Smile Tuesday. I'm such a slacker lately. OK, I guess I do have a tiny 8 pound excuse! :)
So we have seriously had a whole lot of smiles lately. It's amazing what adding a child can add to one's life. It's a bit difficult as I am seriously tired, but it's also wonderful as I look on in enjoyment of my two delicious little girls, and thank God for His blessings.
Here are some smiles for you:
1. Meals. So many people have been so kind to bring us meal after meal, it has been so wonderful and amazing. We are really grateful for such good friends who want to love on us and show us that they care, it has been a super big blessing!
2. New Years. This year one of my friends, Shelly, had a bit of a get together and it was just fun to hang out and ring in the New Year with my girls. :)
3. Roll over... Anna rolled over for the first time yesterday...not even 3 weeks old! That is crazy fast! I'm glad I got to see it!
4. This picture. I used it for her announcements, I just love how beautiful she looks in it.
5. First bath. Last week we gave her her first bath. What a special time for us to get to spend with her. Lilla wanted to do all the work, so we had to have a bit of a talk. She seriously thinks this child is her own!
6. Bathtime with Lilla. Every time Michael gives Lilla a bath she comes running out laughing and giggling, jumps in the chair with me and declares, "I naked!" I mean seriously, that is just cute!
7. Slippers. What would childhood be like without a fun pair of slippers? Lilla will never know because she got these hand me down poodles that she is crazy about!
8. Make shift toys. You know, because we have nothing in this house to play with!
9. Once a night. For the past several days Anna has only been waking once during the night for feedings. That is so crazy as Lilla was up every 3 hours for 3 hours. I have to say it's nice, but I won't get to used to it just in case. Oh, but it is nice!
10. Breastfeeding. What a blessing it has been! With Lilla it took 10 days for my milk to come in and I was so frustrated. My milk has come in so great this time and Anna is a big old eater. I don't need to force her at all. I love doing it too, what a special thing for me to be able to do for her! It's a pretty cool feeling to know I can give her that. I am very thankful to God for this blessing!
Lilla actually took this picture of me breastfeeding Anna. Yes, I said my 2 year old Lilla. And with my very heavy camera. The girl is a minature photographer I tell you! I know you can't see Anna, but I think the expression on my face just says it all. It's just peace.
What are you smiling about today?