Oh my gosh, I cannot believe how fast the last week went. The days are getting longer, which is so welcome, but it seems like they are going faster too! It seems as though since Anna was born, I blink and it is tomorrow. That should just be a reminder, I suppose, to enjoy ever moment. They are gone all too soon!
With that, here are some of the smiles that took up this past week...
1. Lilla turned 3! I still have a hard time not saying she's 2, my goodness I still feel as though she is a baby in so many ways. She's a big girl now, and it just blows my mind!
2. On the topic of big girls, she is finally starting to potty train. For months now she will only hold it if she's a nudey, never if she has clothes on. The past week has been the turning point. On her birthday she woke up and said, "I'm a big girl now, no more diapers." She has had some accidents, but overall, it's looking good for the home team!
3. Silly string. I bought some goody bags for Lilla and my nieces, and in the two older girls bags was silly string. They had a difficult time pushing the button but boy they had fun taking out my sister's yard with it. Good times!
4. Chuck E Cheese. I have to admit, I'm most happy to say, this is not quite a smile for me but for the peanut. My husband, brother in law and brother took the girls to Chuck E Cheese for some birthday fun while us girls went to Olive Garden for dinner. That is all the peanut wanted for her birthday, to go to Chuck E Cheese with her cousin, no party, so that is what we did. And, she loved it!
5. Birthday lunch with my family. OK, I must admit, it's not like she had no kind of party. My family (all 12 of us) went out to eat to celebrate her birthday. There were balloons and presents and a cake. You only turn 3 once after all! This is her kissing my parents (Grandma and Grandpa with a pool, as she calls them!) saying thank you!6. Birthday lunch with Michael's family. On Sunday, like 8 of Lilla's cousins (and some of their friends) came over to Michael's parent's home where we celebrated her again with more cake and presents. Now that was a ready made party!
7. Almost paid off car. We got our tax refund back this week and all but $500 of our car is now paid off and we are down to 1 credit card! Woo hoo! Now that, is good news!
8. Lunch with Gracie. My friend Shelly has a daughter named Gracie that is a year and a half older than Lilla and she just loves her. We spend tons of time with them, and every Friday after MOPS we go out to lunch with them. They have such a good time together and play silly games like, "This napkin is a hat on my head." Fun stuff!
9. Loving on Anna. Last week we were over at my in-laws and my nieces and nephew were all lined up to hold Anna. Just too stinkin sweet!
10. Let it snow! For the past two weeks (before Friday) we got dumped on with snow, and so we had to go have some fun in it. We went to my sister's house last week where she pulled the kids on the sled, which they thought was great fun!
And some more for the road...
What made you smile this week?