Have you ever heard that old wives tale about bad things coming in threes? Well, I think I was living that wives tale this week. First the washing machine started making a loud scraping noise that was definitely not good, then the brakes began making a horrible crunching sound, very soon after I had to laugh when the handle broke off the toilet. It was a laugh or cry kind of week, so I just chose, and I stress, chose, to laugh. It's just been that kind of week. But, in the midst of it, we had a lot of fun and a lot of smiles.
1. Easter egg hunts. Lilla went on three hunts this year. She was one busy bunny I tell you! She is very methodical and kind of takes her time just looking around, getting excited with one egg while the other kids are tearing from one place to another. I love that she is like that, what a good way to enjoy life. I find myself trying to rush her to catch her up with the other kids, but I'm going to be mindful of that, because, she doesn't care, so why should I? 2. Baby blue eyes. Oh, this baby has the blue eyes! I know every mother thinks their own children are the most gorgeous, but these blue eyes are just melting me by the day!
3. Friends. Everytime I put Anna down, this is what I find next to her in a hurry. Lilla likes to climb up to wherever she is at and just hang out with her sister. How great is that?
4. Growing up. Can you believe Anna will be 4 months on Thursday? Too true, too true. She is getting two bottom teeth in, wanting to sit up all the time, aware of all of her surroundings, belly laughing at everyone and just as sweet as she wants to be!
5. Bathtime. For a while there bathtime with Anna was really no fun. She just was not happy to be put in that water. Oh, her scream can reach the rafters when she wants it to. But recently, she has begun to enjoy the bath. She just lays there and lets me wash her, kind of looking around and smiling. I'm so glad because this is a HUGE part of Lilla's day, she loves it and will spend an hour in there sometimes if we let her. It won't be too much longer and they will take baths together so I'm so happy when I see that happy bath smile coming through!
6. I don't know if you can really see it in this picture, but Anna has been doing this thing with lifting her legs all of the time. Wherever she's at, whatever she is doing, she just likes to lift her legs. I think it is so incredibly cute. I don't know why, I just want to eat her up she's so adorable, and that is just one adorable thing she does that I always want to remember!
7. More growing up. Lilla is really turning into a little girl. Gone is the toddler, we are on to little girl stage now. She's really developing into a beautiful young girl. She's smart, funny and thoughtful. I was talking to her about forgiveness the other day and when I asked her about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins she said, "He threw them away." I about cried. She is nothing short of beautiful.
8. A family picture. I am always the one behind the camera, which makes for very few pictures of our whole family together. So, when I do remember to ask someone to take a picture of us, I'm so glad to have one to look at!9. My girls. Easter morning we were rushing around and I just quickly snapped this picture of the girls before we went to church. The first of them smiling in a picture together and the only one of them together on Easter. So glad it turned out so cute!
10. Easter day. Is there a better day in the year? All the other days lead up to this for the Christian and to celebrate that he arose...well are there any words? Not from the likes of me! So I'll just leave you with a couple of smiles for the day...