Monday, June 15, 2009

I want to be

Do you have someone in your life that you look up to? Someone who you see as a person you would like to be like, live your life as they have, maybe be as funny as or organized in your home life, maybe someone with a really great work ethic who has been successful or who has a great sense of humor?  Well, I have someone that I want to be like too.

Actually, I am thinking today of three men who’s lives exemplify a quality that I am amazed and in awe of…faithfulness.  Faithfulness to stand up and not only be afraid to go against the grain, but truly be willing to die rather than agree with something that goes against what they absolutely believe in.

Those men?  Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who stood against the king in Babyalonia when he demanded they bow down to him.  Faithfulness.  They said they would not as they knew God could save them, but even if he didn’t, they would still not bow down.  Wow!  Faithfulness.  They were then thrown into a very hot furnace where not a single hair on their head was singed and they didn’t smell like smoke.  Faithfulness.

I’m thankful for these wonderful men to look toward as an inspiration, and, I’m praying for that same faithfulness today.

No comments: