This post may be a little premature since Tuesday is not even here yet, but I know I have a tendency to let Tuesday slip away lately so I thought I'd get a jump on it since I had a minute. The last week has been filled with a lot of ups and downs since I've had flu like symptoms for the better part of it, hoping I'm on the upward part of that now though as it seems I'm getting more energy back and sleep is helping.
So, here's on to our smiles:
1. Going to the children's museum. We really are fortunate here in Indiana because we have the largest children's museum in the world, and the kids all seriously love it. This makes up a lot of smiles in the winter because we tend to go there a lot when it's cold. It's a bit of a haul for us, but worth it to get the kids out to stretch their legs, have fun and learn something too!
2. My great husband. While I've been sick this weekend, my husband took care of the girls, took them out for donuts, took Lilla to the movie and even hauled them to Wal-Mart to get me some Sprite! I'm pretty thankful for that guy!
3. 4 yr. old theology. Lilla never ceases to amaze me. This week Michael was giving her a bath and out of nowhere she said, "Daddy, we wash the outside but God washes the inside." Where, oh where does she get this stuff from? She just blows us away. When she was born we dedicated her to the Lord and prayed she'd be a missionary someday...I have a feeling, she's on her way!
4. She also is saying funny things though too, which I must really write down for posterity. I had some tulips sitting on the counter the other day and when she asked me what they were, I told her. She then looked at me ever so strangely and asked, "They have two lips?!?!"
5. MOPS. Our MOPS group met last Friday. We had so much fun and many laughs. The best part is we tried out Zumba. So fun!6. Small group. We started a new series in our church, which started a new small group. It's all about growing in God and having a plan to grow in God. I am really excited to be doing this study as I normally am fly by the seat of my pants, Ms. unplanned herself. So, if this can cause me to grow towards a deeper and more full relationship with God, I am all for it and excited!
7. Friends. I went over to my friend, Carrie's, house the other day for a playdate. Our girls have been friends since Lilla was about 20 months old and it's so fun to see how they've grown. They were having a ball jumping off the baby slide on to the bean bag below. And since we had second children just months apart, they have a friend too. Good times!
8. Although I am more than ready for Spring, I can't help but be thankful to God for the beauty of his creation when I go outside and it looks like Narnia! It has been very cold here lately so we've woken up to some amazing sights of white everywhere. Gorgeous!!
9. King Kong. Now, I know I shouldn't laugh, but it's quite funny so I do. Anna, my 1 yr. old, wrestling Lilla, my 4 yr. old, to the ground. This is becoming an all too familiar sight lately. We just can't believe how she is able to do this. Her nickname, King Kong, truly fits this child!
10. In that same vein of developing her own personality, I also want to say how sweet and cuddly, lovely and smiley this little pumpkin can be. She is the strong willed child, without a doubt could make Dr. Dobson cry (as my bestie, Shelley, would say) but oh, how her smile could melt the coldest heart and her giggle could win a war. She is love!
What are you smiling about today?