Even though I was sick for a number of days this past week, there was lots to smile about. Here are some of them:
1. Learning to swing. Lilla has finally learned the art of swinging by herself. Yet another right of passage as a child. She was so excited yesterday to go back and forth, back and forth. You could hear her over and over, "Look at me, look at me!"
2. Baby birds. We have two little nests in our yard, well, at least two, we have lots and lots of mature trees so I'm sure there are more, but two that we see. Anyway, here's one of the nests:
3. Speaking of lots of trees, it's so nice to have all of the leaves growing back again. We have so many mature trees in our yard it just is beautiful when you are surrounded by all that green!
4. Awana. We love Awana in our house. It's taught Lilla so many great lessons this year and lots of bible verses. It's over for the summer, so we can't wait for it until the fall. Here she is in her award ceremony this week.
5. Well. Just feeling better again is something for me to smile about. I was feeling pretty bad for some number of days and to be able to move around and be me again is a great feeling!
6. The zoo. I already posted pics from last week you can see in my last post, but it bears repeating that we had so much fun at the zoo this week. It's always a fun day to go with friends and just enjoy the exhibits and gardens.
7. I'm walking. Anna is walking more by the day. It's been that zombie kind of walk she does and it totally cracks Michael and I up. It's such a big deal to see your child on their own two feet. Just one more step towards independence.
8. My camera died right after this picture, but all this to say is that we went to my friend's daughter's softball game the other day and it was so fun. I love little league sports, just fun to watch the unadultered kids play something they enjoy.
9. Garden time. We finally have all of our garden boxes tilled and we are ready to go! Got the zucchini planted yesterday and I'm going to try to get all the herbs done today. I need to head over to home depot for the rest. So excited! We made Lilla her very own little box too where she got to plant exactly what she wanted, sunflowers!
10. Family Dinner. Saturday night some family was driving through on their way back to Chicago so they stopped for dinner with us. We went to Uno's pizza and they actually let kids make their own pizzas! How fun is that?
What are you smiling about this week?