Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Fragments

I haven't done any type of meme in awhile, and really, my writing has been so blah lately, it's like my brain has half stopped. So, I thought I'd try out this Friday Fragments one I found today from a real life friend, Sarah, who had it on her blog.
Mommy's Idea
So, my understanding is you just kind of throw out there what this past week has been for you and your family.

I'm in the process of becoming a biblical counselor through Rod and Staff Ministries, so Monday night I had a great class. I was a social worker for a number of years so this takes a very different look at the way to help people. I love all the biblical knowledge I'm learning and am excited to learn more over the course of this next year. A little nervous too as I'm thinking I am just so unprepared, wow, big job!

We had a terrible storm here in the midwest the other day. I was driving along one of our country roads yesterday and saw roofs torn off houses, trees toppled onto cars and debris strewn about. I'm so thankful that our home and family were not directly affected. Scary stuff!


This week was pumpkin carving week at our house though. I've always loved to stick my hands in the goop and pull out all those seeds. Then it's so fun to create something out of it. Always a good time!
Anna wore this hat the other day, which has no relation to anything, I just thought it was so stinkin' cute, I had to share!
Oh, and I saw this sunset the other day that just amazed me! The sermon series we are doing right now at church was emphasizing the creation of God and what an artist He is. I just stood in amazement at His handwork. Much better than any VanGogh or Monet I've ever seen!
Tonight my husband and I are getting a babysitter. Now that's big news! We never do that but part of the sermon series is also on being romantic to your spouse, so we are going to see a real play. Yay! My very favorite thing to do, which since I stay home with my kids, never do anymore. What stay at home mom has the money for that? But, our little town has a playhouse, I'm sure it's way low budget, but it will be a blast anyway! Can't wait, we are seeing Arsenic and Old Lace, one of my favorite Carey Grant movies!
Tomorrow is my brother and sister in laws annual haunted barn party. It is going to be a cold night here in the midwest so we will have to bundle up the kiddos. My oldest also has a fancy nancy tea party to attend too that day, how fun is that?

Sunday is, of course, the big trick or treat day. Lilla is going to be snow white and Anna is a lamb. Too cute!

Hope there are more treats than tricks for you this Halloween weekend!


5 comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

I like the finished product, but I can't stand the pumpkin mess. I'm no fun! Have a wonderful time on your date tonight. And the rest of your weekend plans sound fun too! Happy Halloween!

Mrs4444 said...

I LOVE that hat!!! It's adorable!!

I admire the way you are nervous about being a good teacher--That means you'll be GREAT.

I almost got hit by a flying trampoline on Wednesday! It was totally scary!! Thankfully, the wind has calmed down.

Have a blast at the play! The barn party really sounds fun, too!

Thanks for linking up this week! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the way you captured that incredible painting in the sky... I LOVE carving pumpkins, I shared mine in my Friday Frag as well...

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Hey look! I inspired you to do something (it's usually the other way around :-)

I love the pumpkin carving pics! My younger girls don't like getting their hands messy, but Grace doesn't mind.

The sky picture is breathtaking!

gail said...

Mother of two and learning to be a Biblical counselor - you are amazing!