Thursday, October 27, 2011

My heart

It's been a million years since I've blogged.

Summer has turned to Autumn.



So we went to the Smokey Mountains.

Where our hearts are always home.

My husband took a much needed break.

To see the changing of the leaves.




They were stunning.

And decided to never go back again this time of year.


It was beautiful, yes, but the busiest time of year. Who knew?

We went on hikes.



And spent copious amounts of time in a car.

We took deep breaths as we let our kids, literally, run up the side of a mountain.

We watched our two year old take in all that was amazing in her mind. "Mama, mama, MOUNTAIN!!"


We got to have sharks swim just inches above our heads.

We mooed out the windows at cows and maaaaaaed at the goat we couldn't help but name Billy.

And my two year old rode her first roller coaster and couldn't get enough!




We got to do a lot of hands on homeschooling.

And tried repeatedly to get a family picture. Oh my.


My 5 year old made up songs about Jesus for my dad.

I saw my brother for the first time in a year and a half.

My children fell in love with him.

My heart melted.

I snapped a picture of my husband and I on a hike.




We look happy.

My heart smiled.

Then Sunday came and we had to say good-bye to our beloved Tennessee.


Indiana was calling us home again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are blogging again! Missed you!! LOVED the pics!!!!

gail said...

So glad to see you back, Amy. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Brigette said...

So glad to hear you had a sweet trip. Love the picture of you and Mike!

Full of Grace said...

Wow, Looks Beautiful..What a wonderful trip and sweet memories! :) So glad to have stopped by to say hello....Hello! :)