Monday, August 04, 2008

On Falling Leaves

Is it just me or is anyone else longing for Autumn? I love the crisper cooler weather that brings with it trips to the apple orchard, picking out pumpkins, sweatshirts and apple cider. I even loved it as a kid as it meant new school clothes and sharpened pencils. Really, even as an adult, that is still what I think of as the days get a bit shorter everyday and the school bells get closer to ringing. In fact, I had to go to the mall yesterday for a birthday gift, and couldn't resist purchasing a cute little fall outfit for the peanut. The shirt is a terrific bright orange and the pants a crazy mix of all fall hues. It just screams, "Jump in the leaves please!!" to me.

Now, don't get me wrong, I really like a lot of things about summer. I love to swim, although I don't get as many chances as I did when I was younger and pools and lakes abounded. I love the summer festivals where we visit the farm animals and shamelessly walk away with $3 plastic hammers from the falsy duck ponds. I love to drive around the country and see the tall corn, a beautiful shade of green, tenderly moving with the wind.

But, I am an autumn girl through and through, and am desperately looking forward to my favorite harvest season. Now, if only we could stop it from turning into winter....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome awesome. autumn means apple festivals and Christmas is around the corner

meg said...

I enjoy to more relaxed feeling of Summer (I get to sleep in a bit, since I don't have to get the boy up for school), the chance to take off on adventures, & the full bloom & colors of the garden.
But Autumn means Chris' work schedule settles down, the temps get more comfortable, & the harvests & festivals begin :-)

AudreyO said...

Hi, I'm Audrey. I'm finally getting a chance to read all of the blogs from the bloggy carnival and loving what I'm finding.

We have had such an unusual summer with not really very warm weather, that I'm ok with more summer. I can already see the days getting shorter and that's tough. I love the longer days of summer.