Saturday, January 30, 2010

Peach Dump Cake

For Christmas this year I gave my bestie and her family a once a month dessert for the whole year. I make them one delicious dessert every month and they get a gift that keeps give all year. It's been so fun to think of what I will make next. So much good stuff out there! This past month I made them a Chocolate Eclair Cake, which, if you have not had, you must. It is fantastically good and so super easy it's just ridiculous.

Well, my friend could not believe that I would be so cruel to give her something so yummy when she was just fitting into her jeans. Cruel, so cruel. So, how does she pay me back? By making this ginormous Peach Dump Cake for my family. Now mind you, there are like 2 1/2 of us for real around here. You can't really count Anna, after all. And this cake was mammoth! Fortunately, I was able to push at least a little off on another great friend of mine. God bless you, Carrie. :)



Anyway, I just had to share this recipe with you because, well, it needs to be shared. So here you go:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1 large can (30 0z) sliced peaches with juice
1 butter pecan cake mix (I've only seen this by Betty Crocker)
1 & 1/2 sticks melted butter
1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans (if desired)

Layer in greased 9x13 pan as follows:

Peaches, including juice (I chop them smaller)

Sprinkle DRY cake mix evenly over peaches
Top with pecans
Drizzle melted butter evenly over dry cake mix

Bake at 350 Degrees for 45 minutes.

Now go make it already! You can thank me later. Or curse me, whatever works for ya!

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Brigette said...

Looks yummy! And it sounds like you can just have the ingredients on hand to make in a pinch. Good idea!

Amanda said...

SOOOO fun! Looks great!