Sunday, December 02, 2007

Santa Baby

My New Favorite Picture
First of all, can I just say how cute the above picture is? I almost considered using it for our Christmas cards. She just looks like a little snowbunny. The funny thing is the coat is absolutely swimming on her and it's only 18 months. (She's nearly 22 months!) She is such an itty bitty. Her 12 month coat still fits. Crazy!

Santa Claus is coming...
So yesterday the peanut and I went to Wal-Mart for a few items. While we were there who was there ho ho hoing but old St. Nick. Since the peanut has been walking around the house for the last week saying "Santa" I thought this was my opportunity to have that perfect picture and for free! Woo hoo! Of course, when it came time for the man in red all I got was kicking and screaming. And, that was just from Santa. :) He definitely did not want a crying baby on his lap and made it pretty clear to me. Yeah, good times at Wal-Mart.

Mommy Dearest
For those of you that are parent's, what do you remember as being one of the sweetest moments with your kids? I have to tell you, I had one this week. The peanut said, "I love Mommy" for the first time today. Is that the most precious and heartwrenching thing you ever heard. It makes the crying at Santa seem like pretty small potatoes.

Yummy Yummy Yummy I got love in my tummy
Today I made the most yummy breakfast. Crepes!! They were oh so good. Sorry no picture but we had to gobble them in a hurry before church. It was actually a quick recipe instead of the one that usually takes several hours or overnight. I found it on allrecipes.com and it was really good! Here it is for anyone interested: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Basic-Crepes/Detail.aspx

I'm in a hurry to get things done
The next few days should be pretty busy. Besides my usual mommy and wife stuff, I am going to be making three desserts for a dinner my MOPS group is putting on for lower less privelaged families. I think I'm going to make cheesecake with blueberry topping, pretzel sticks dipped in various chocolates for the kids and a Christmas cake. The pretzel sticks are the most work but they are so yummy in the end!

Bye, Bye, Bye
OK, yours truly is tired. And I mean seriously tired...I think I'll go to sleep...zzzzz....

5 comments:

tami and todd said...

That picture IS adorable!! Very nice! I remember the first time my kids told me they loved me, too. Another heart fulfilling moment is when they started saying "Thank you Mommy" without prompt!

Cyndi said...

Oh, what a sweet picture. What a sweet little angel.

The Goddess G said...

That would be an awesome picture for your Christmas cards!!! Abigail still cries when it's time to finally see Santa/EB even though she swears up and down that she won't this time.
~Carole

Jennifer said...

So cute!!
There is something waiting for you on my blog ;0)
http://jasonjennifer.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Doesn't get any cuter or sweeter than this! Great eye with the camera, Amy.

I am sure your baking will be well received. Yum! gail