1. Worship at the barn. Some friends at church decided to have worship at their barn last Friday. They just invited the whole church over (it's not a big church), a bunch came and we just had a great time of fellowship and singing. Love it!
2. Tomatoes. One of my tomato plants now has 10 tomatoes on it. Woo hoo! Not only do I love to eat them but I'm going to try my hand at canning them for sauce this summer. I am so excited!
3. Giraffe feeding. Lilla loved feeding the giraffes so much that when we got home she had to call Daddy and Grandma and tell them all about it. She's also been saying, "I pet elephant" all week long. Too cute!
4. Blackberries. My neighbor has a huge blackberry tree and she is allergic to them so she said I could come and take as many as I want. I plan to go over later in the week so I can make blackberry pie for the church picnic this weekend. Yummo!
5. Bananas foster. Our local Culver's has this ice cream creation, their own version of Bananas foster that is soooo yummy. We had it last night and enjoyed it immensely!
6. Friday. See my last post for details. It was just a good day. :)
7. Rain. We have had a lot of rain in the midwest this year. It has destroyed much of the crops, and much of my garden to boot. But, I want to be like Corrie ten Boom's sister that she wrote about in The Hiding place. They were in a concentration camp and she was thanking God for the fleas because it kept the guards out of their quarters so they could do bible studies. So, in light of that, I'm going to be thankful for how green the grass around us is, how full our well is and the very little need to water anything. You just got to look for the good.
8. Job. I've been reading the book of Job this week and it is teaching me some things. First of all, there is one of the best verses in the Bible in chapter 19. I'm going to let you go there to read it for yourself! :) Also, it is reminding me that God is all powerful, He sees us, He knows us and He is able to do whatever His will is for our lives. Who am I to question that?
9. Time with Daddy. Lilla and Michael have just been so cute together lately. They have been spending a lot of time just being together. Here is one of the pics of them eating sandwhiches together. It just touches my heart to see that Lilla has a Daddy that loves her so!10. In the kitchen with Lilla. The peanut has loved so much lately cooking and cleaning in the kitchen. She particularly loves to wash the dishes. Go figure. It's just fun to watch her grow up and have fun doing what we think is the ordinary. You gotta love it!
What are you smiling about this week?