Sunday, May 31, 2009

Help

The peanut has now been potty trained for a couple of glorious months. It's so great, and, quite nice on the wallet too, to not have to do the diaper thing anymore. I don't think anyone is really a fan, and I'm right there with those anybodies.

Part of the whole potty process though is helping the wiping of the tushky and the helping in public bathrooms. In and out, out and in. That can become a little bothersome and often is a rushed time where I'm just going, "OK, let's just move...come on..."

Therefore, a few days ago when I was relegated to the task again, I was just trying to push through when I looked down at the biggest blue eyes I've ever seen staring up at me so sweetly. I had to catch my breath at her beauty, even in this cramped and dirty bathroom stall. The kindest little voice said, "Mommy, can you help me wipe my butt."

I, of course, replied, "Yes, mommy will be happy to help you."

She then looked so seriously at me and said, "Yes, you need to help me 'cause you my mommy."

And I can only say, I truely am blessed to be! Wiping behinds and all.

No comments: