Sunday, May 17, 2009

I will never be the same again

Today we started new members class at the church we began attending a few months back. You may remember we were up and down about switching as we really loved the people at our old church but we had become so involved in ministries at this church it just felt right. So, we did.

Well, we are all or nothing kind of people, and being part of a body of believers is important to us, so although we've only been here a few months, we're joining the church.

It's a 5 week series of classes basically explaining the church, it's values and beliefs and how to get plugged in through small groups, activities and ministries. This first part included a video of a baptism service the church did last year. I cried, of course, just watching the video. Not only for the changed lives and washing of rebirth, but, because I so long for the day when my children will accept Christ and follow him as well.

So, during the video I began praying for my girls. I prayed for them in my usual way, that they will accept Christ at an early age and follow Him all of their days. You see, I had a lot of hurt in my life that could have been avoided if only I had chosen the path of Christ. I didn't for a long time, and I will regret that all my days. I so want something different for my girls. So, I pray, pray and then pray some more that I will be a good mommy to them, Michael will be a good daddy and we will teach them about Jesus and they will understand it and love Him more.

Tonight as Michael was putting Lilla to bed, he asked her, "Lilla, do you know how to get to heaven, so one day you can live with Jesus?"

She replied, "Yes, you just ask Jesus to come and live in your heart."

"Have you ever done that?"

"No."

"Well, when you are ready, you come and tell me and we can pray together."

"I am ready."

And then they prayed a simple prayer. "Jesus, come and live in my heart. Amen."

And Lilla will never be the same again.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

definitely something to celebrate! hooray!

Leann said...

This post put tears in my eyes. Amy, I'm so happy for you and especially for Lilla!

Anonymous said...

I have tears streaming down my face. You two are amazing parents to your girls and I am so happy for your family.

Ailurophile said...

How sweet. You are indeed amazing parents. All the best to you and your family from me as well.