Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Beloved

Today, on the way to the children's museum, I was having a conversation with Lilla. It went something like this...

Lilla, "Look, there's the big dragon (dinosaur) coming out of the building!"

Me, "Yep, there's the dinosaur."

Lilla, "The people built him and put him there."

Me, "They sure did."

Lilla, "But they didn't make everything."

Me, "No, they really didn't. Do you know who did?"

Lilla, "God did. And he made people too. And he made their hair too."

Me, "Yes, he did make people, and their hair too."

Lilla, "God even knows how many hairs we have."

Take. My. Breath. Away!!!

And with that, I sat in worship to a God who loves me that much, that He would remind me through my 3 year old that He even has the hairs on my head counted. Thank you Jesus.

Song of Solomon 6:3, "I am my beloved's and He is mine."