Monday, December 21, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time

I love Christmastime. There is just something about this time of year that is so fun, and brings me back to being a small child, full of wonder and awe. I love the lights, the baked goods, the flashes of red all about. It honestly just makes me feel all warm inside thinking about the goodness that this season brings.Ultimately though, it really isn't about the parties that we attend, the friends that we see or how much egg nog we can sip at a go. This time of year is truly about the celebration of a King. A King that came down in earthly form as a little baby. In a manger. Probably some donkeys and sheep for bedmates.

I am so thankful for that baby tonight. And, every night.

Merry Christmas to you, my sweet reader! May your days be merry and bright.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

well put amy...well put! merry christmas to you as well!

gail said...

Blessings upon you and your family, Amy. hugs, g