So here we are again. I can't believe it's been a week already since I've blogged. We have been pretty busy around here lately though, so lots can explain it though. Some of my smiles can to so here goes...
1. Lunch. On Thursday after storytime at the library my best friend took the peanut and I out for lunch to celebrate my birthday. That was a nice suprise and always such fun to spend time with her and her daughter, who is the same age as the peanut.
2. Coloring Easter eggs. Yes, it was messy with two 2 year olds, but still a sweet time and a walk down memory lane. It had been years and years since I had done that and it was fun to watch the girls do it for the first time.
3. Time with Maddie. The peanut's cousin is 6 months older than her and they just love, love, love each other. On Saturday we took her to my parent's house with us and the girl's just played and laughed, well, and fought some too. But it's just so neat to see them growing into little girl's that love each other.
4. Sunday's sermon. Wow! Wow! Wow! My parent's preacher really preached the gospel and the need for evangalism in his sermon. I was bowled over by how good it was. I know it touched my heart, I hope it touched many others too!
5. Easter bonnets. I got the girl's Easter bonnets from the dollar spot at Target and they were so adorable in them! Very few people where them anymore so it was so cute to see everyone's reactions when they walked into church. And, how proud the girl's were of those $1 hats!
6. Easter egg hunt. The peanut has never had one before and it was so fun to watch her in a bit of confusion but still thinking it fun, to go on the hunt! Maddie searched like a pro though and had a blast too!
7. Easter dresses. How fun to dress up the girl's in their prettiest dresses of the year. They looked so fancy and fun! The peanut's dress is one of those you'd only wear for Easter or a wedding so this was probably it for the dress. :( It was so cute!!
8. Dancing. After getting ready for church I came out to find my stepdad dancing with the girl's. It was so adorable to see the laugh's and giggles on their faces!
9. Biscuits. It was just the easy way with bisquick, but the peanut and I made them for the first time and she loved it. She is becoming quite the cook lately and independent to boot. There was a lot of, "I do it!" going on!
10. Water softner. We have well water, for which you really do need a water softner and we haven't had one since moving in this house. Well, this past week we found out we have to get one, and it was going to be over $1000 for it. We had it ordered when Michael talked to a guy at work and he said he had an almost new one that he bought and then decided he didn't like soft water and we could have it if we wanted it. I'm still in disbelief over that!! I'm so thankful for God's provisions!!
What are you thankful for this week?