Yep, it's my birthday. Oh my gosh people, how did 33 sneak up on me so fast? It seems like yesterday that I was celebrating 16, now I'm over twice that age. WHAT??? Over twice the age of a 16 year old? Man, it goes by so fast. Too fast I tell you.
For some reason this birthday has hit me harder than any birthday has in the past. I think it's because I feel like time is slipping away to have another baby and it just hasn't happened for us. It's been really hard on me lately as everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant and having babies. Yesterday my best friend told me she's pregnant. She was resistant to tell me because she knows I want another child and it's hard for me. It was so sweet of her, but I want her to know that I will share in her joy. After all, that's what the bible tells us to do, and she's my friend. I am genuinely happy for her.
I've been thinking a lot about this being sad thing lately. I do it way too much with the why me thing. Just like my ring. Why me? Well, why not me? In fact, if I got what I really deserved, it would be death. I have so many things to be grateful for in my life, and I want to be faithful in telling God thank you for them.
Here is my list of 33, one for every year of my life:
3. My husband
4. My daughter
5. My home
6. My church
7. Freedom of Religion
8. Living in the United States
9. Freedom of Speech
10. Employment for my husband
11. God's provision to pay our bills every month
12. My sister
13. My mom
14. The rest of my family
15. My husband's family
16. My best friend, Carrie
17. The ability to read
18. Chocolate, I know, I know...but I really do love it!!
19. Hot showers
20. My blog friends for being so supportive
23. My car, I'm totally serious, I love transportation!!
24. The opportunities I've had to do missions
25. The opportunities I've had to travel and see more of the world
26. Myspace, totally lame but it has connected me with many old friends
27. The military, who really sacrifice a lot for us (and are not paid accordingly at all!!)
28. My pastor, who seriously brings the Word every Sunday
29. My former pastor for teaching me so much!
30. Bible Study Fellowship
31. My dogs, who drive me insane but I love them!!
32. My pictures, they provide me with some really warm memories
33. My camera, with which I've been able to capture the life of my little one!!
What are you grateful for today?