Tuesday, April 01, 2008

10 Smile Tuesday (er...Wednesday)

1. Potty Training. The peanut has gone on the potty more times in the past week than ever before. At least once a day, sometimes 3 times a day. This is movement, which in anyway is great this time! Go girl!

2. Banana Chocolate Chip Bread. The peanut and I made a loaf today just because. She loves cooking, seriously, she LOVES it. It makes a total mess which drives me insane, but hey, she'll only be this age for such a short moment...make the mess!

3. My garden. We tilled this past week...yeah! Not too much longer until we are planting!

4. The turtle. My parent's got the peanut a sandbox this past week. One of those big green turtles. She loves it! She played in it forever while we tilled. I can't wait until it's warm again so she can play in it again!

5. Riding lawn mower. Our yard is over an acre and when we bought the house last year we just couldn't afford a riding mower so my husband was spending hours every week mowing the lawn. We were going to have to break the bank this year and buy one (and I mean break the bank people!) when my husband's brother said he would sell us his year old one for VERY cheap because he wants a ZTR instead!! I'm still in shock over the water softner from last week so this is just beyond fabulous!

6. Michael's family. Since Michael's brother was in town this weekend from TN we spent a lot of time with them while they were here. He is 14 years older than Michael so my husband never felt like he knew him growing up. It's just great seeing them becoming friends as adults!

7. Mommy Rock You. The peanut has just been saying the cutest thing before bed every night. Although my husband doesn't particularly care for it, understandably. He will start to rock her and she gets fussy because she wants to do it so he'll ask her, "Do you want Mommy to rock you?" So, she has started crying out from the beginning, "Mommy Rock You, Mommy Rock You!!" I just think it is precious how she has picked that up from him.

8. Feel like a million, ain't got a dime. So Michael and I have been handing out these tracts recently that look like a million dollar bill (if there was such a thing). You can check them out at www.onemilliontracts.com. Anyway, on Saturday while at the optometrist after much prodding by the Holy Spirit, I handed them out to everyone in the waiting room. One guy spent the next 20 minutes totally engrossed in this tract and sharing it with his wife. What a gift and encouragement to me!

9. Outlet shopping. On Saturday I got to go to the outlet mall myself. I know this seem silly but I really like shopping alone where I can just wander. Well, I did and it was fabulous. I bought a couple of new things but my favorite part is going in the gourmet store to try out all their yummy foods. Love, love, love it! Good times were definitely had there!

10. Suprising my friend for her 30th birthday. I love suprise parties, particularly when the person is genuinely suprised. She was and it was fun!!

What are you smiling about today?

2 comments:

The Goddess G said...

Amy,
What an awesome list. I am smiling because I didn't have the boys this morning and Abigial and I got to snuggle in bed.
~Carole

meg said...

"Mommy Rock You"~ that is so sweet :-)
What a blessing with the riding mower! I've been cringing over buying a new push mower (I want they guys to go electric) so I know how daunting the cost of a big one would be.
One of the perks of a few more days off (see my latest post) has been working in the garden, getting my hanging baskets planted & starting seeds for sunflowers & sweet peas.