Thirteen Great Places to Donate Money This Holiday Season!
This time of year seems to bring a lot of generosity for some people, and some are often looking for good organizations to donate to. Here is a list of some of our favorites!
1. Your local church. I don't know about you but we go to a very small country church that could always use donations. I've never heard of a church that didn't though!
2. The Salvation Army. So conveniently located in every Wal-Mart and other fine store. Just listen for the sound of bells!
3. Goodwill. They help people with developmental disabilities find jobs. Even your old stuff can help make this organization run!
4. Helping Hands. Our organization or choice this year, that provides chickens, goats and wells to impoverished nations.
5. Word of Life. A Christian youth organization that has summer youth camps around the world, providing low or no cost camps for kids! (Our fave is the one in Hungary!)
6. Mental Health America. This is an organization that promotes knowledge of Mental Health issues and helps those with MI's to better their lives with education, employment and housing. (This was where I worked in my pre-momma days!)
7. Make a Wish. Does this organization need an explanation? Pretty much everyone is familiar with it and it just keeps getting better with how it helps kids in not so good situations!
8. Habitat for Humanity. Seriously, can you go wrong with helping people have homes?
9. Your local foodbank. They could always use more food and monetary donations!
10. Your local homeless shelter. You can give monetary donations or the gift of time this Christmas!
11. Your local humane society. Gifts of dog/cat food donations or monetary donations are always appreciated. They can usually use volunteers to help with the animals or clean up as well!
12. Your favorite missionary. Most missionaries are seriously just barely making it as they are paid next to nothing. Why not give them an extra Christmas present this year?
13. FAME. FAME is an organization that provides medications around the world to people who otherwise would not have had it, while spreading the love of Christ.
I hope I have been able to give you some good ideas for donations this Christmas season. What are some of your favorite places to donate?