Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Auld Lang Syne

Did you ever wonder what this New Year's song means? I have. I mean seriously, it's one of those songs that you mostly hum, or better yet make up the words to and never figure out what it means. I promise, I thought it said, "And may old acquaintances be forgotten..." Yeah, I'm sweet like that.


Anyway, we've been really busy bees around this joint lately. Besides doing the normal running hither tither to and fro like anybody else during the holiday season, we've bought a new car for me finally, cleaned up endless puppy oopsies, had fun with all our new toys (and when I say our I actually mean Lilla's!), made tons of yummy creations and eaten even more, gained like 40 lbs, made a buck or two, spent all those bucks and even more, let the laundry pile up to the ceiling, kissed at midnight on New Years and just enjoyed life.

All that to say, I really have had good reasons for not being ever present in blogland for the past month.

How were your holidays? Did you make any good resolutions?

I actually enjoy making resolutions. I usually enjoy breaking them too, but that's another blog for another day. :)

I really do want to start excercising again. I am really not largely overweight, honestly, 10 lbs would about do me, it's just getting motivated to do it. I'm way too cheap to join a gym so it's almost always been work out videos for me. My problem is that I've never found one I've liked since Sweatin' to the Oldies. I'm so not kidding people. I really wish I was, but I'm kind of silly like that. It's low key and has great music, which is of importance to me. Unfortunately, they didn't have it for the DVD player so I haven't had access in ages. Well, that all changed today people. While over at my in-laws this infomercial came on for it. Holy cow, my husband was on the honker so fast...he understands you see. I have been pining for that old Richard Simmons for years. So, two weeks from now, Richard and I have a date. :)

OK, it's time for me to hit the hay. I can't wait to find out how all of your holidays went and what Santa brought you!

Amy

7 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I like sweatin' to the oldies too :) I haven't used it forever, and it probably has a layer of dust on it so thick you cannot see the title, but that Richard Simmons is so much fun :) I took a double take when I saw your pic, it looks so cool and stylish (and different from the other!) I love it :) Happy New Year!!!

Cyndi said...

I used to love that video. It was really fun. That will be a fun one to do with kids in tow. The one I did had Born to be Wild- that was my favorite song on the entire video. Is this the same one you bought?

Anonymous said...

Whatever works for you. Anyway, that exercise is more for your health than to lose weight. The weight loss is a plus, though!

You don't look like you need to lose anything, Amy. You look great.

Be well, gail

Anonymous said...

i can totally see you sweatin' it up with good ol' richard. okay, so i have planned to get up at 6:15the past 3 mornings to do the whole treadmill thing...too bad i have actually slept through my alarm!

Anonymous said...

You got a puppy for your husband!? You must be dealing with a lot of messes around your house. Been there done that and I am in no mood of that for a long time. Good Luck and Blessings in the New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. I love the pictures.

g.j.

The Goddess G said...

Happy New Year!!!

The puppy is beyond adorable. The only workout videos I've ever done are Leslie Sansone...and I'm so afraid that if I tried them right now my TV would laugh at me. lol
~Carole