Thursday, January 31, 2008

Big Girls don't cry

I know I have been mostly absent from the blogging world lately. No real reason. I've just been busy with other things I suppose. There are only so many hours in the day and lately it seems that those hours are becoming shorter and shorter.

I think I told you a couple of posts ago that I was getting Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies on DVD. They finally did come in the mail last week and I've done pretty good at getting my old bones moving and at least start to get into a habit of doing them. I haven't finished one yet but you have to start somewhere, right? :) Anyway, I'm enjoying having my jeans fit a little looser. And, it just kind of makes you feel altogether good, if you know what I mean.

I joined a new bible study group too. It's called bible study fellowship, which some of you are probably familiar with. They are all over the world and it's a 7 year study. Really, it's pretty amazing how in depth you go and it's a great way to get into the word. There is probably one in a church near you and they are at different times/dates of the week so if you are interested you should check into it. It's for men and women, by the way.

Saturday I'm throwing a baby shower for a girl at church. There is going to be a bigger turnout than I expected so I'm kind of excited for that. I'm actually making a 3-D duck cake (go to www.wilton.com to see it). It is really cute and I'm excited to see how my first take on making cakes turns out. I've never made anything but a regular old cake so it should be fun. I'll post a picture if I remember to take one.

OK, my husband is pushing me to go to bed. I have MOPS in the morning too so I really need to get moving. I hope you are all well and I will try to visit tomorrow.

Take care,
Amy

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

It sounds like you have been having a good time. I have never heard of that Bible study, I will have to check it out. Good luck on the cake!

Anonymous said...

Would love to see the cake! gail

Full of Grace said...

Glad to see you are back from MIA :) Hope the shower goes well, and you share pictures :) Congrats on the loose jeans- mine just keep getting tighter and tighter!!!

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say hello. Hope you are having a great week. g