Monday, January 21, 2008

Talk to me baby

I am sorry for how odd this post looks. I have no idea why I cannot fix it to look straight, I just can't. I've tried multiple times but I'm just done now as I'm getting aggravated. Also, some of the paragraphs are spaced right and some aren't. Who knows why...the post is possessed I suppose. :) Anyway, it still reads the same and the pics are all in...so it will be fine...I suppose...So, on with the post...

Everyday I am blown away with the new words the peanut is saying. I have no idea where she is getting it all from. For instance, she realized there was a moon in the sky for the first time last night and she pointed up at it and said, "Sun." I said, "No, that's the moon." She replied, "Moon, moon, moon."



Then today, she was looking at her placemat that has Sesame Street all over it and said, "Cookie Monster." Completely correct too, by the way. Which is interesting since all of Sesame Street she wants to see is Elmo. I haven't a clue how she knew that. The even more hilarious part is that she insisted on 'feeding' Cookie Monster her bacon.


Then, there was a sun on the placemat and she insisted on putting her cup on it saying, "Sun, Sun!"

So yeah, this has been a week of new words. It's like that sometimes, she will come out with a ton of new words several days in a row and then suddenly it seems to dry up for awhile and then out of nowhere she does it again. This is definitely a fun week for words though! I constantly find myself trying to decipher something new as her little utterances turn into syllables, words and now sentences!


She's working on colors now. She knows blue and yellow usually. The other colors she likes to say the name of but doesn't usually pick them out herself. Pu-pa is a personal favorite. It's a work in progress.




We are also working on counting. She's only said, "One", a couple of times. She usually likes to start with two. And she's usually right when she's counting her blocks. "Two, three, five, eight, nine..." She could count like that all day. She really enjoys it.






The other thing she has been saying lately is "Cheese" when I go to take a picture. She's showing you cheese in the picture where she's wearing my blue crocs. Oh, that's her other big thing, wearing mommy's shoes. Yeah, she's ALL girl!





You know, there have been a lot of hard days with the peanut lately. She's is becoming more independent. Constantly asserting it with us and letting us know she wants to be in charge. She gets fussy and hates to go to bed at night. She's screaming in bed as I write this to let us know she does not want to go to bed right now! She loves water and will fight you to let her wash her hands for long periods of time in the middle of food establishments yelling, "SOAP, SOAP!!", she still won't eat anything new, I could go on...and on...and on...





However, the positives are far outweighing those hardships. I just know these days are precious and few as I watch my little peanut grow into a beautiful little girl. She's learning so much, developing her own thoughts and feelings, showing love in new ways all the time. I just have such a feeling of gratitude for the time I get to spend with her. And, it's all too fast, just too, too fast!!

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

Oh, she is such a cutie! My daughter started counting with two, too. Then suddenly she got it. Those days of new word are a lot of fun. You are right, it goes too fast!

Amanda said...

such fun days! elizabeth still insists on skipping the number 5...she goes from 1-20...just no 5! it is a sweet time...but also such a difficult one...because with the fun parts of independence come the "stinky" ones. in answer to your question...we had not been spanking elizabeth for the fussiness before bedtime. quite frankly we had just been living through it..trying to placate the tears...feeling like we might lose our minds every time nap or bedtime rolled around. it seriously took care of itself (without spanking needed) after we dealt with the dinner/eating issue. i think it really brought her to the realization that mommy and daddy are in charge...before i truly think she was a bit deluded (and we were letting her be by not dealing with some of those issues). i think it is so common in this day to accept that "it is just a stage" and "every child goes through it"...but as i read and look into biblical discipline more i realize that is just not true. the Bible never says a thing about those stages...rather i think we have created them by buying into the thought that ALL kids go through this! i would highly recommend that "to train up a child" book...such encouraging and challenging principles (though it is a bit funny/extreme in some parts..they are far more conservative than i am!) i believe you can find it at www.nogreaterjoy.org (their website!)

Anonymous said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am so happy that you are taking the time to enjoy Lilla! So often we are stressed to capacity and don't take in all the beauty a child can bring to our lives.

I have been serenaded by Carole King, James Taylor....a blast from the past of my youth! I really like your play list. Good stuff.

Catching up with you and your family always brings a smile to my face, Amy. I am so glad we "ran across" each other. (We know better than that, eh? No coincidences come out of heaven.)

hugs all around, g

Amanda said...

amy...totally forgot that tomorrow is the 4th thursday...meaning the jump-n-play day. this might be way late notice...BUT i will pass it on anyway. 10 at the jump-n-play...feel free to invite others. we plan to be there...as long as this pesky cold i acquired doens't get worse!

InspiredByInk said...

Hi Amy!
Glad you are getting the words...my son STILL hasn't talked yet!! I just can't wait!

Okay, I know we decided on a playdate next Tuesday, but apparently I have a MOMS Club meeting on that day.

So any chance you are available to play Thursday a.m.? Let me know!

Bobbie :)

Angie Seaman said...

Great pictures! She is a cutie!
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com