Monday, January 14, 2008

We've only just begun

The peanut is a comedian. I'm not kidding. She's a 23 month old entertainer.

While walking through Burlington Coat Factory the other day I told my husband to take a seat while I ran and showed the peanut the toys. We were about halfway there when I hear her yell out behind her, "Michael, Michael, Michael." Hmmmm...I don't know where she learns these things!

Today she brought me a pencil and some paper and said, "Name." Even though she'd never done this before I knew exactly what she wanted. She likes for me to write down her name and the names of various other people for her to see. So I looked at her and said, "OK, what's your name?" She said, clear as day, "Erika." Which, is my sister's name. I said, "What is it?" She said, "Erika, Erika, Erika." After the laughter stopped, I asked one more time and she said, through a big old smile, "Lilla." Too smart this one, too smart!

I tell you though, I think the most adorable thing that has come out of this child's mouth happened about a month ago. We went to pick up my husband at work I saw him coming toward the car. The peanut apparently did too because she called out, "Daddy." Then, in the sweetest little voice I hear, "Cuuuute". Is that not precious?

4 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I loved the last story about her calling your hubby cute :) Samuel is too smart for his own good sometimes too...Depending on who he is with he will "kiss up" to that person and "growl" at the other, but it is all dependant on who is giving him "lovin'" :)

Cyndi said...

Oh, it is obvious that little girl has personality!

The Goddess G said...

She is just beyond cute.

I'm a little late catching up...and I'm still laughing over the experience with the dog. I know...it doesn't take much for me. lol
~Carole

Amanda said...

personality plus! libs love to call daddy "michael!"...and while my parents were watching her the other day, i called, and my mom said to my dad, "it's amanda." her reply.."amanda...my mommy!" precious!