Friday, January 11, 2008

House of Pain

So as you may remember from a few weeks ago, we lost our minds and got a puppy. Buddy, the wondermutt. That's him in the pic, clearly. He actually is a total lover and sweet. Besides the occasional pee pee on my carpet, this dog has really turned out to be a good one.


However, Buddy has not been without his problems. What I'm about to tell you, all I could think at the time was, "Oh why, oh why do these random things happen to me?"


So, last week I had a friend over for a visit. We were going along our merry ways when she said, "Um Amy, is there something wrong with your dog?" I looked back in the general direction where she was pointing and noticed his, um, thingy sticking out to what could only be described at an extremely abnormal extent. A good three inches I tell you. Yeah, I've NEVER seen anything like that in my life. It was obviously bothering the poor mutt as he licked it helplessly. Yeah, it was a lovely moment in our lives.

Anyway, we decided to call the vet who told us to get some KY Jelly and try to rub...yes, I said RUB...it back inward. Now, let me tell you that the thought of that to me just gives me the shivers. My lovely friend, Claudia, and God love Claudia, who just had a boy this past summer, (and so said she's used to looking at and touching the male anatomy) took the KY and really tried to work it back in. To no avail I tell you.

Fortunately, my husband was just arriving home so I sent him packing out the door with the dog in tow to the midnight doggy hospital where they proceeded to charge us $233.66 to get IT back in.


As can be expected, my friend looked at me and said, "Amy, why is it that whenever I'm with you weird things like that are always happening?"


Good question Claudia, good question.

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

Wow. You must really love your dog. Or Claudia must really love you. Did your husband have a go at it first?

Amanda said...

this absolutely cracked me up! seriously...i am picturing you and claudia and good ol' buddy the dog. a day in the life of amy...too funny!

Full of Grace said...

Oh MY GOODNESS, Talk about laughing my behind off (well, my behind is still there, but Oh My Anyhow)!!! What a terrible, yet hysterically funny story. I hope Your Pup feels better permanently, and Thank Goodness for True Friends!!! :)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh my goodness. I am actually speechless. But laughing nonetheless!!!

Steph

meg said...

Oh my!
Poor Buddy- & poor you :-(
The things we do for our animals (though this is another reason I'll pass on having a dog :-P)