Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thursday Thirteen


In light of celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. day this week, I wanted to list 13 of the inspirational people in the history of the U.S. as seen by me, anyway. So, here goes...


1. Corrie Ten Boom, writer of the Hiding Place

2. Anne Frank, author of The Diary of Anne Frank

3. Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the United States

4. Eleanor Roosevelt, wife of President Franklin Roosevelt

5. Billy Graham, famed preacher

6. Jane Addams, founder of Hull House in Chicago-changed the way immigrants and the poor were treated

7. Thomas Edison, inventor that holds the records for number of US patents

8. Martha Stewart, I know strange but she inspires me to create and that's a good thing!

9. On that note, Paula Deen inspires me to not be afraid of the kitchen!

10. Rosa Parks, who kept her seat on that bus!

11. Dorthea Dixon-social reformer for the rights of the Mentally Ill

12. Bill Bright-founder of Campus Crusade for Christ. He just started with reaching out to a couple of people on a beach and he turned it into one of the biggest ministries in the world.

13. And, of course, Martin Luther King, Jr, who inspires us all to be...well...better!

6 comments:

Greatfullivin said...

Awesome list. I am not too sure about Martha Stewart, but could not agree more with all the others. I love Eleanor Roosevelt! Happy TT!

Melanie said...

Great list..I like Martha Stewart..I actually prefer Rachel Ray..overall a very good list!!

jenn said...

Great list.
Happy tt!

Anonymous said...

#9 is my hero!! A real inspiring list Amy! I forgot you still had a blog on Blogger.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Everyone will have a different list of course, though on mine I'd certainly include a couple of yours.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. g.