Sunday, October 21, 2007

All the leaves are brown...

So it seems that Autumn may finally be coming to the Midwest. It was cold enough to wear a long sleeve t-shirt yesterday. OK, I did see some people wearing shorts and t-shirts but I'm so ready, I just sweated it out! :) You know, it's not like I don't like summer, I love it. And, I will dearly miss my flip flops, I'm just ready for the heat to end. Plus, I love fall weather. All cuddled up with a hot cup of cider and my old sweatshirts...what's not to love?!?! So, today it was supposed to be like 80 but it's going down to the 50's by the middle of the week. Weird, I know, but that's our part of the country for you!

Yesterday we made finally got around to taking the peanut to her first pumpkin patch. And, let me tell you how my husband was kicking and screaming the whole way, and then he had so much fun. Now, let me state, he's not a fit thrower by nature but we are broke and it did cost per person. However, the peanut was free and then our pumpkin was only 38 cents. I'm so not kidding. They are by the pound and we let the peanut pick out which one she wanted and here it is...

Here are some pics of our family at the patch. Unfortunately the peanut wasn't really feeling good yesterday (I've been sick for days and am afraid I gave her it too!) so we didn't get too many smiles out of her. We never get pictures of our whole family as I'm always the one behind the camera so that was fun!




Oh, and the peanut went on her first hayride...


...yeah, it was really THAT messy!! She had a good time though so we didn't mind at all. We've come to learn that she is very tactile so it was fun for her to get her hands in it.

Speaking of getting her hands in it...last week the peanut also made her first mudpies. Yep, you heard that right...MUD PIES!! We were walking around our yard when she spotted a big bunch of mud and just couldn't resist sticking her hands down in it. My first reaction was...NOOOO!! But before I could say it I remembered how that never would have been allowed in my family and how I would have loved it as a child! Well, the peanut would too so I just let her do it. I mean, it's just mud, it washes. Of course she had a new shirt on and the mud didn't all come out, but I just rationalize that it was a $2.50 shirt from Wal-Mart and you can't put a price tag on a childhood. And boy did she have fun! My only regret is that I didn't have my camera. Oh well, I'll just save that memory in my heart!

Have a good week all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't realized you were blogging regularly again but enjoyed catching up!

We TiVo Little Einsteins for Isabella. She really enjoys them, too. Backyardigans and Dora are right up there, too.

Peanut has pigtails! How cute is that!

Purple and teal look beautiful together! So do red and purple and red and orange. I am not an artist but I love those color matches! It might have something to do with part of my ethnic background, though. Too funny!

Hope your week is great and praying for the quints and their parents, gail

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that I think you are an amazing mother. Yes, mud pies are fun and a good soaking with some dishwasher detergent (powder) and clothes detergent over night should get rid of the stains. You have so much wisdom for a first time parent! gail