Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Betterman



Do you know the Pearl Jam song that is the title of this post? I really like that song, the concept is not so terrific, but for some reason the song is very catchy.


Anyway, about a week ago Michael and I finally found out the name of the company that makes these business card sized tracts. They are really neat because they are easy to hand out and they are interesting with questions and quizzes on the front and then gospel message on the back.




http://onemilliontracts.com


Pretty cool and so they are really easy to hand out to people. I don't know why but the bulky three page tracts with a picture of Jesus bleeding on the front were just so hard to look at much less give to someone. I would have felt like a Bible beater, which, of course, is my own issue.


Anyway, we ordered some last week and they came in within days of our order. I had actually prayed they would come in the day we went to KY and they sure did! I don't think that would be a prayer God would not want to honor somehow! :) Anyway, we just started handing them out to people and couldn't believe how easy it was!

Yesterday I went downtown to meet my dad and sister for lunch and just as we sat down I took five tracts to neighboring tables and gave them to five people. How awesome that I got to share my faith yesterday!

On to the point...as the peanut and I were loading up in the car to leave I noticed three young ladies, taking a break behind the restaraunt. I really felt like I should go over and give them all tracts too but they were about a hundred yards away and we were getting in the car and going, I justified to myself. As we were pulling out of the parking lot the song, In My Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride came on. It starts out, "In my daughter's, I am a hero." All I could think is how I wanted her to see me and how I wanted her to know what was truely important to our family. I knew I had to turn the car around. So humbling, but I did and I tell you it really felt good. I have no idea if it meant anything to any of those girls but I prayed for them and I did what God asked me to. I did what I could. And that, feels really good.

No comments: