Tuesday, October 21, 2008

10 Smile Tuesday

Wow, another week has passed. It seems like just yesterday I was writing another ten smile post. You know that old adage, the days are long but the years are short? Well, it just seems to be more and more true lately. Time is just going. When I click on my blog and see the number of days left before my due date I can hardly believe it, 68 today, which is really going to be like 58 or 59 as I am going to have a scheduled c-section. That means only 8 weeks left...crazy!!

So with that, let me tell you what has been filling our days with smiles in the last week...

1. Belly buddies. My very good friend Carrie and I have been enjoying the fact that we can share all our good times and difficulties in pregnancy together. She is 7 weeks ahead of me so it's not too much longer for her, and she's having a boy this time. Such fun!

2. MOPS. Friday was our bi-weekly MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) meeting and we had a really good meeting about identity and how it should be in Christ before all else. We take on so many different hats as women, wives and mothers, that can sometimes get lost in it all. It really is important to women to take the time to remember who they are, but still enjoy this all too short times in our lives.

3. After MOPS a friend needed to take care of some things so I watched her daughter for a couple of hours, to which the peanut completely delighted in. It is really fun to have a friend, as they are showing below!



4. A couple of weeks ago I took some blood tests and found out I had low iron, and worse, I might have gestational diabetes. Since I am not planned and never really think about food, it would be very difficult to stick to such a diet. Last week I went in for the test to find out, and they take blood 4 times let me tell you! Ugh! Anyway, I found out yesterday all tests were normal, good news!!

5. I don't know what's gotten into my husband lately but he's brought me two beautiful bouquets of flowers in the last week and a half. One was a fall bouquet and the other this beautiful purple and pink bouquet. What a sweetie to fill the house with such happy things!

6. On Saturday morning Michael took the peanut to a train show with my brother in law and his kids. They had such fun just enjoying all the choo-choos and playing with the fun things. They came home with Lilla's first train set too! This will go under the tree and I think Michael is going to suprise her with Geo-Trax for the real surprise!

7. Moms Night In. Saturday we had a mom's night in for our MOPS group. Not too many came, but we still had fun just eating, playing games and talking. It's always nice getting to know some new people better so that was a lot of fun!

8. The Nudies. The peanut is potty training this week so I've started the week just having her go without diapers all week. She went on the potty every time by herself yesterday. Gets on, goes, wipes, flushes...all by herself. The problem is still when she has panties or a diaper on she goes in them. Not sure how to resolve this but we are staying in this whole week so she can just spend the week "peeping", as she calls it. LOL

9. Big sister. The peanut has been going around telling everyone, "I a big sister." It's so sweet to see her embracing the idea as the time draws more near. She does it so proudly too and has been taking care of her little baby dolls so much lately, I just can't wait to see how she does with the real thing!

10. Oatmeal butterscotch cookies. I've been reading a lot of people baking lately and it just gave me a bug to do it too. I just whipped up this batch from a recipe on the back of the Hershey butterscotch bag, and according to the peanut, "Those are good!" I would have to agree, oh they are just too yummy...I think I may need another!

What are you smiling about today?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for keeping us up to day..You look wonderful!

Cyndi said...

My daughter said "peep" too. So cute!

You look so great! I can't believe you already have only 8 weeks left!

Full of Grace said...

Loved the pic Amy :)

Those oatmeal butterscotch cookies sounded so good! I think I might have to make some myself :)

Meaghan said...

if you love coffee you need to check out my giveaway! In celebration of starting my new online coffee shop: Get The Bean I am giving away 1 pound of coffee every Friday this month.

www.getthebean.blogspot.com

And, if you are interested in getting money for the cancer charity of your choice for an entire year visit us at:

www.gtbfightscancer.blogspot.com

Thanks,
www.getthebean.com

Rebecca said...

such great smiles! so sweet of your husband to bring you flowers. i love the belly picture..you look great! good luck with the potty training. we're working on and off with that right now with liberty. she has yet to actually go in the potty...but she does go sit on it throughout the day. we'll see! oh...those cookies sound so yummy!

Anonymous said...

You look adorable. I'm about to start my 31st week of pregnancy with this third child. We're bump buddies :)

Nell :--)

Jacy said...

How in the world did I miss this post?!!! lol You look SO AMAZING! You are so pretty and pregnancy suites you very well awww!

Jacy said...

How in the world did I miss this post?!!! lol You look SO AMAZING! You are so pretty and pregnancy suites you very well awww!