2. MOPS. Friday was our bi-weekly MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) meeting and we had a really good meeting about identity and how it should be in Christ before all else. We take on so many different hats as women, wives and mothers, that can sometimes get lost in it all. It really is important to women to take the time to remember who they are, but still enjoy this all too short times in our lives.
3. After MOPS a friend needed to take care of some things so I watched her daughter for a couple of hours, to which the peanut completely delighted in. It is really fun to have a friend, as they are showing below!
4. A couple of weeks ago I took some blood tests and found out I had low iron, and worse, I might have gestational diabetes. Since I am not planned and never really think about food, it would be very difficult to stick to such a diet. Last week I went in for the test to find out, and they take blood 4 times let me tell you! Ugh! Anyway, I found out yesterday all tests were normal, good news!!
5. I don't know what's gotten into my husband lately but he's brought me two beautiful bouquets of flowers in the last week and a half. One was a fall bouquet and the other this beautiful purple and pink bouquet. What a sweetie to fill the house with such happy things!
6. On Saturday morning Michael took the peanut to a train show with my brother in law and his kids. They had such fun just enjoying all the choo-choos and playing with the fun things. They came home with Lilla's first train set too! This will go under the tree and I think Michael is going to suprise her with Geo-Trax for the real surprise!
7. Moms Night In. Saturday we had a mom's night in for our MOPS group. Not too many came, but we still had fun just eating, playing games and talking. It's always nice getting to know some new people better so that was a lot of fun!
8. The Nudies. The peanut is potty training this week so I've started the week just having her go without diapers all week. She went on the potty every time by herself yesterday. Gets on, goes, wipes, flushes...all by herself. The problem is still when she has panties or a diaper on she goes in them. Not sure how to resolve this but we are staying in this whole week so she can just spend the week "peeping", as she calls it. LOL
9. Big sister. The peanut has been going around telling everyone, "I a big sister." It's so sweet to see her embracing the idea as the time draws more near. She does it so proudly too and has been taking care of her little baby dolls so much lately, I just can't wait to see how she does with the real thing!
10. Oatmeal butterscotch cookies. I've been reading a lot of people baking lately and it just gave me a bug to do it too. I just whipped up this batch from a recipe on the back of the Hershey butterscotch bag, and according to the peanut, "Those are good!" I would have to agree, oh they are just too yummy...I think I may need another!
What are you smiling about today?