Friday, October 10, 2008

Whew...

I am tired. I mean really tired. The kind you just feel like you could sit down and just melt into a chair. Pure exhaustion. I've been this way for awhile now. On Wednesday I went in for my 28 week check up. I had to have blood drawn, get a flu shot and my Rhogam shot. (I'm Rh Negative) The nurse called me with the test results today and not only may I have gestational diabetes, I am also borderline anemic. Ah ha, that explains a lot!

So, I need to make a trip to the store for some green leafy vegetables and start eating a whole different diet. Hopefully it will give me more energy, it's just so lagging right now. And, that is hard when you have the world's most active 2 1/2 year old living in your home!

Today she was a crab apple and just fussy, fussy, fussy! I finally said to her, "Lilla, you wear me out!" You know what she said in reply? "Mommy, YOU wear ME out. That not nice." And that my friends, is how I keep laughing!

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

Also try iron fortified cereals. I am sure they will give you some iron supplements and that can help a lot too. Just be careful of the side effects of too much iron...constipation. Last thing you need to worry about. :)

Amanda said...

ugh! praying for you to regain some energy to keep up with your little fireball

Full of Grace said...

It's hard being anemic AND diabetic at the same time, but eat LOTS of Proteins and PB- they will help give you energy as well. When I was GD with Samuel, I had toast slathered with PB in the am for breakfast every day with hot tea. It not only tasted good, it didn't spike my sugar levels, and gave me extra energy :)

creative gal said...

I will be praying!! Your little one is too cute.

Rebecca said...

hope you are able to regain some energy to keep up with that cutie of yours! she is funny!