So the last week has been a difficult one. The peanut has just been so ill, we have done nothing but stay inside, veg out on my bed watching Disney movies and wipe away the boogies. I kid you not, that's been my week. So, I was thinking, what was I smiling about during this time? And, guess what? I certainly still had smiles, and here they are:
1. It's over! Yeah, she is almost completely back to her old wiley ways. It is nice to not hear her struggling to breathe and having some sort of energy again!
2. A week of cuddlebug! When the peanut doesn't feel good, she sure gets cuddly. We have just layed in bed all week loving and hugging on each other, sooooo peaceful!
3. Peter Pan. This has become the peanut's favorite movie. I kid you not, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. So, I've become an expert on it. Now, if I ever go on jeopardy and it's a category, I am a shoe in for the win! :)
4. My husband. Yesterday I got a kidney infection so my husband came home from work to sit with the peanut while I went to the hospital. It was so nice to get an extra day with him this week. Yep, even in the face of that pain, I got my hubby so it was all good!
5. Forgotten clothes. I had just been thinking I was probably going to need to buy more maternity clothes for the winter when I went through some boxes and found a bunch of winter things I forgot I had. So, my closet is full and I don't have to spend more money!
6. Wal-mart and Ebay. So last week my husband was browsing the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart when he came across Razor phones for $10! These are normally sold for $100. So, of course, he bought 9 of them and is selling them on ebay at a rate of about $65 a piece. Yup, that's a pretty good profit! So, now we have Christmas money, yeah!!
7. Jack-o-lanterns. On Saturday my husband and the peanut carved pumpkins and they came out so cute. Her first experience, which she was totally traumatized by the gooey of the insides, but, then it became more fun. It was so cute to see yet another first for my little one reaching her hand in and pulling out those seeds!
8. The seeds. I baked them and now we have a yummy and very nutritious snack, yummy!
9. Jumping. The peanut enjoys talking to the baby in my belly, chatting, telling her it's time to come out...that kind of thing. Recently when she does that, the baby starts moving around, I really think she knows the peanut's voice! How sweet is it that their relationship is already starting?!?!
10. Funny. On that line of talking...yesterday she noticed I have stretch marks on the bottom of my belly, she got very concerned and said, "Anna, you need to come out now. Look at what you are doing to mommy's belly!"
And one for the road. For, forever now, the peanut has said, "I missed you," instead of "I love you." Well, this past week has finally been full of "I love you's". It is so exciting and warms this momma's heart!!
What are you smiling about this week?