Thursday, October 30, 2008

Small things



So apparently there are some newer memes going around my bloggity friends, and since I've been tagged for a bit and just haven't followed up, I thought now would be a good time. So, here you go...




Fourth folder, fourth picture in my photos....
This is actually newly downloaded, which is why it hasn't been deleted yet. The peanut has been loving taking pictures with my camera lately, so that is one at the library that she took. There is a kids area where they have baskets of educational toys that she and her friends play with after storytime every week. Below is a pic I took of her and her friends, Jenna and Mazie after storytime one day, just thrown in for good measure! :)


The other meme I was tagged for: 7 Random Things...

1. Today is the five year anniversary of the day Michael and I got engaged. It was very spontaneous and romantic as a result. No ring as it was not planned at all. Such a sweet memory though, and my answer? So simple..."OK!!!"

2. I love wearing dresses. Skirts are great, but dresses are my favorite. They just make me feel so feminine. It's lovely.

3. My very close friend, Carrie, had a baby boy yesterday. He had a bit of a struggle breathing, so he was taken away immediatly. But 24 hours later he's doing great and I got to hold him lots today, so sweet!!

4. I am a big advocate of breastfeeding. There are so many things I loved about it, and really do miss it. I wish everyone could have that experience! When I wasn't sure if I'd get pregnant again, one of my biggest sadnesses came from thinking I'd possibly never breastfeed again. Yep, I loved it that much!

5. There are very few subjects I feel very passionate about, most things I just let roll off my back. But the things I do feel strongly about, I feel really strongly about and can get a little red faced over. I'm strange like that. :)

6. I have never enjoyed cartoons. I'm a realist at heart and even when I was little I couldn't get over the fact that the things on cartoons could never happen. Now that I'm an adult and watch Lilla watching them, I don't mind it so much. I like her to have an imagination, and I really think cartoons encourage it, that's pretty cool!

7. I love the flavor of pumpkin. It is so smooth and delicious. It just screams fall to me in so many wonderful treats...mmm, I think I want to go eat some now!

So if you've got this far, and have not been tagged already, consider yourself tagged!

8 comments:

Jacy said...

I loved this post, Amy getting to know you a little more was fun and it'll be five years for us on Valentines Day :P How sweet are the two of you! And I have to agree with you a hundred percent that there is such a special connection with you and your baby when you breast feed I breast fed Noah for as long as I could, but I have a feeling that Ryder is just a free spirit and is getting to wear he wants to try different things lol
Love you and thinking of you often these days! Praying that you feel good and you are getting closer all the time!!! Very excited for you, friend :)

Cyndi said...

I feel the same way about breastfeeding. Today my som was too tired to go to sleep and I was holding him and got a sudden urge to start nursing him. I just felt like it would make us both feel better. (I didn't, of course!) And he has been weaned for over 6 months!

This was a great list. And what a random picture! How funny!

Amanda said...

amy...i tagged you (though you now have already done the tags!) and have an award for you at my blog. hooray for your friend's little boy...so glad he is doing alrgiht! :)

Jessica Jean said...

Well I am so excited to start blogging and get to know everyone thank you for commenting, I really learned alot about your through your last posts oh and congratulations on your up coming bundle of joy. xoxo Jessica Jean

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Anna will make her debut in just eight weeks! hugs, g

Full of Grace said...

I loved the picture of peanut with her friends, so adorable :)

Anonymous said...

I try to be all the things you describe - sometimes to a fault! My kindness doesn't always extend to the people I live with because they know how to push my buttons:(

Amy - sensitive (hopefully not easily hurt), maternal, devoted to those who matter. Mostly everyone matters.

g

Jackie Sue said...

I love pumpkin as well! Congrats on the engagement day! I'm happy you enjoyed breastfeeding; I was simply not made for it. 4 bouts of mastitis, 4 bouts of antibiotics, massive pain, and enough milk to feed an army but children who weren't very hungry just didn't work well for me. The Medela pump was my beat friend!