Monday, February 19, 2007

Finally, some relief!

I was just looking at the weather report and it seems as though we are going to get a break from the craziness. All this week highs are going to be above the freezing point. Yup, it's true, and I couldn't be happier. I think I got frostbite last night on my toesies. Also, it means some of this snow will dissipitate. (Well, there's a 10 cent meteorological term if I've ever heard one! Hope I used it right.)


We had a pretty good weekend. Friday night we had pizza and went shopping at Wal-Mart. Yes, I know, we are pretty exciting that way. :)

Saturday we spent the day baking cookies for a youth event that night. We made sugar, peanut butter and chocolate chip. That was a whole lot of cookies going on. Of course, most of them didn't get eaten, so guess where they are sitting now? Yes, half are in my belly, half are on the kitchen counter. Michael needs to take those to work for goodness sake!


So we went to the youth event, it was a Valentine type thing but meaning love for God. It was a really nice event and the kids seemed to enjoy it, so that is good. We go to a really small church in a tiny community where there are other small churches, so the churches have banded together for youth events so there will be more than 2 or 3 at each one. It's been a great thing and about 25 kids were there.


Sunday we went to church and then Michael took Lilla over to his parents house for the day. Yes, that meant 6 whole hours of free time for me. Holy cow, it was great! I relaxed, took a bath, watched an episode of House on DVD, played with my blog (of course!) and cleaned. It was so nice just to have that time. I'm thankful Michael gave it to me.


So that is about the tall and short of it. Today I need to drop books off at the library, get an oil change and other errands like that. Hope you all have a good President's Day!

No comments: