Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The story of us

In the spirit of Valentine's Day and love all around, I thought I'd tell you the story of Michael and I.

October 9, 2003 just started off as any other day for me. I went to work, had dinner over at a friend's house and then decided to go to the service at church. My friend had asked me to stay and hang out over at her place but something just drove me to church that night. I sat at a table with a bunch of people I'd never met before and quietly listened to the talk our associate minister gave. I spotted an acquaintance across the room and decided to stop over afterwards and say hi.

Meanwhile, Michael was also just having an ordinary day. He had been to work and decided to also attend this church service based on an invitation from a client of his. Michael had never been to my church before, and he had been repeatedly invited to the Thursday night service but because he lived across town he never attended. This night he just really felt a need to attend.

Fast forward to the end of the service, I went over to my acquaintance, Kenny, and said hi. Since Michael had come with Kenny, he introduced us. We exchanged hello's and I thought nothing of it really. Kenny invited me to BW-3's with a gang going over from the service. At first I said no, I had to work in the morning and was kind of tired, but after a few minutes I agreed to stop in. When I went in I decided not to order anything as I wasn't planning on staying and I wound up sitting in the open seat next to Michael. I thought Michael looked rather young so it never occurred to me that anything would happen. Something that seems really small that actually stands out to me though is that Michael offered me some of his drink after awhile of talking. The reason it meant something to me is that I'd just been so off and on with a guy for so many years and he would never let me drink from the same glass. That seriously annoyed me. I was impressed that in Michael's eyes there was nothing gross about it, he just kindly offered me a drink.

Anyway, we started talking and found that we had a lot in common. I thought he was a really nice guy and I had an extra ticket to a function the next night at a musuem so I asked him if he'd like to go. I was just thinking as friends. We started talking some more and 3 hours later we looked around and there was nobody but us left.

That night neither of us could sleep. It was such a nice and exciting feeling. I was floating on air thinking of this new guy.

When he came to get me the next night we actually decided to ditch the function and go to dinner at a little restraunt in Broad Ripple. We talked and laughed and talked some more. It was such a lovely warm night where we sat on the patio and just enjoyed each other. After dinner we went over to a pub and watched the Cubs in the playoffs. It was awesome, they won that night and so did I! Yeah! Michael was just a night in shining armor to me. We decided to drive down to a little town about an hour south on Michel's motorcycle the next day. That was the day I knew I would marry Michael. Three weeks later we were engaged and on April 3, 2004 we said our I do's. We never looked back.


Aisha said...

Hi there, great story :) I think that when you know its the one you don't need to wait too long. My hubby and I knew each other two months before we got engaged which I thought was fast, but you have us beat :) Happy Vday!

Linda said...

Very, very sweet. And go colts.