Monday, February 12, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down...

The weekend is over already, how can that be?  It seems like it just started.  Weekends are always so busy for us it seems as though you blink and you miss them.  This one was no exception, particularly because there was so much celebrating Lilla with it.

Friday night I made the most yummy chili.  Michael wound up working really late, again, so I had to use my quality control skills on it quite a few times, just to make sure it was still ok.  It was!  There aren't too many things that I make that I just love, love, love, but chili is one that I do.  I still have some left over so I think I will put it over some Tostitoes Lime Chips for lunch today.  The combination of the two is delicious!  We then went to Lowe's to buy some blinds for the back door.  It's only taken us 2 years to get that accomplished!

Saturday we woke up and made a great breakfast of sausage patties, scrambled eggs and toast with Raspberry Preserves.  Another good meal!  We usually have pancakes on Saturdays because they are so easy, so this was a special breakfast.  Yummo!  Then, we met my parents and my sister's family at Applebee's for a Lilla lunch.  If you have not had their 3 cheese bruschetta penne, you really should!  I'm telling you, all this food was just delicous.  Of course, it had to be finished off with one of their blonde brownies.  Lilla had a bite sized chocolate brownie and ice cream, cute!  Then we just went to the mall to shop and went to Fry's electronics to look around.  That place is huge!  It's a Michael story if I ever saw one.  The man could live there I tell ya.  Well, somehow, we got sucked into buying a playstation 2 and the game dance, dance revolution.  Now we're addicted...crazy!

Yesterday we went to church, came home and took a nap and then went to my in-laws for a birthday lunch and cake with the cousins.  That is always fun.  So yeah, I think I gained like 12 pounds this weekend!

Today it is seriously cold outside and dreary, one of those lay in bed all day kind of days.  I think I will go there now...

No comments: