Saturday, February 03, 2007

Glory be to our Great God

Anyone who has been reading my blog for awhile knows by now that I am a lover of music.  It has a way of touching me that is so amazing.  This is especially true with worship music.  I don't know why but I have felt closest to God in the times where I am praising him in song and in spirit.  It just feels like a crying out in love to a wonderful God that deserves all my praise.  I can't help but think of an eternity where every being will be praising him always.  Won't that be wonderful?  No one to curse his name or use it negatively in hate or rage.  Ah, what a day, what a place, what a Savior!

Anyway, today is no exception in my rejoicing in him.  The song I'm thinking of today is Our Great God.  The lyrics are below so you will be able to follow along in praise.  Fernando Ortega and Mac Powell (from Third Day) sing it on the City on a Hill: Sing Alleluia cd.  This is one of my most favorite songs ever.  I remember on my way to work I would have it blasting in my cd player and just be singing praise to my Great God.  Often in tears as I heard the verse saying, "Rise up oh Lord and he (Satan) will flee before our Sovereign God."  It would just remind me of what a great and loving God I serve and the power in His name. Oh, it makes my heart leap even thinking about that.   Take care!

Eternal God, unchanging
Mysterious and unknown
Your boundless love unfailing
In grace and mercy shown
Bright seraphim in ceaseless flight
Around your glorious throne
They raise their voices day and night
In praise to you alone

Chorus:
Hallelujah!
Glory be to our great God
Hallelujah!
Glory be to our great God!

Lord, we are weak and frail,
Helpless in the storm
Surround us with your angels
Hold us in your arms
Our cold and ruthless enemy
His pleasure is our harm
Rise up, oh Lord, and he will flee
Before our Sovereign God

Chorus

Let every creature in the sea
And every flying bird
Let all the mountains, all the fields
And valleys of the earth
Let all the moons and all the stars
Throughout the universe
Sing praises to the Living God
Who rules them by His word

Chorus

No comments: