Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tulips Teach Too!

Last night, as we were sitting down to dinner, I noticed that my tulips are starting to wilt. It made me a little sad as they had brought in spring, if only for a few days. Something else I noticed, is that they were all leaning to one side. I thought that was so curious and so I questioned Michael, "Why do you think they are all leaning to one side?" At the same moment a bell went off in my head and we both said, "The sunlight." They were going toward the light, of course. They will never be "alive" again as their stems have been cut, but they are desperately trying to hold on but if for another day.


Isn't it funny how when God wants to teach you something he will put things in your view that make you refocus?


I couldn't help but be reminded of my need to go towards the light. How I need to desperately be reaching for it, no matter what the cost. Like the tulips, I know that light means life. Albeit a different kind of light, the light of the world, Jesus, but light all the same. It reminds me of my daily need for a bible study, which I've been so slacking on lately, and deep communion with God in prayer. That light means life to me.


I think I'll go do that bible study now...

No comments: