Saturday, March 03, 2007

Grosser than Gross story here... (Every party needs a pooper!)

Warning, Warning: If you are eating something DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT go any further...hey, I warned you!!


You know, a few weeks ago I was reading another mommy tell a really ick story about her 8 month old, and thought, oh, how glad I am that was not me. Of course, today, it was me.


So, Michael put Lilla in the tub for her bath before bedtime. I could hear them in there laughing and playing, meanwhile I was going through old mail to toss away in the kitchen. Suddenly I hear, "Honey, can you come help me? Honey! Honey!!" So, it's getting louder and louder so I go rushing in there, a little confused and concerned. I walk in to find my husband dry heaving over the side of the tub while my daughter has a confused look, to go along with mine, on her face. I look down at the tub and see, oh yes, brown. Lots and lots of brown. Oh, it is so not pretty. My daughter has pooped in the tub. FOUL!


So, of course, I insist poor Michael get it out while I grab Lilla up and run her to our tub. Michael starts cleaning Lilla's tub with Comet in he meantime. After I've rinsed Lilla off, start up the water again, tubs filling, I look down again, oh yeah, this is just gross. The child must have felt seriously comfortable in the bath tonight. So, naturally, I make my husband do the cleaning all over again. Oh, there are some serious benefits to being married ladies!


So, she did stop the poop fest about that point. Good thing, because we also ran out of hot water right about then. Oh, the joys of parenthood!

11 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Hello from another Indiana gal! Thanks for stopping by my party & I’m glad to join in on yours, too.

Please be sure to check out a fun Bump! Photo Tag going on tomorrow! I’ll have a linky up … hope you’d like to play along and post your favorite pregnant belly pic!

Steph

Knit-Wit said...

Hey there!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. This has been a fun party so far. Your daughter will love hearing that story as she grows up - I know, because I loved hearing my mom telling me a similar story about my brother and me in the tub. Happy Blogging!

Anonymous said...

You are a very fortunate woman. My husband would have been miles away by then. Just wait until your small children start puking.

Thanks for the story. It reminds me how fun babies are and makes me very thankful all of mine are now potty trained.

Come party with me sometime.

Mel said...

Lilla is a gorgeous princess! You have a wonderful blog and I will stop by to peruse some more later. Thanks for coming over and sampling my box of chocolates!
Melissa

BecsLifeOnline said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog for the party :-) You have a great blog here. Cute story, yet yucky at the same time ha ha. God Bless you and your family. Becs x

Donnetta said...

So, you have now been blessed with that experience. I think I would be shocked to hear that someone's child did not do this at least once. I know it happened to me, with both of mine, more than once.

I think your husband reaction may be a bit more unique to your story... poor guy!

And to have it happen twice in the same night in two seperate tubs may also be a bit unique! :-)

Thanks for stopping by "My Quiet Corner"! I so enjoyed your visit there as well as my time here!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a trip! What a blog party! This has been more fun than baby poop for sure! My oldest daughter was born Feb 8th too... she's 17 now and boy does the time fly fast!! Sounds like you have a fabulous husband, you lucky girl you...

Wendy said...

Hey! Former Indiana gal here! I lived in Muncie, IN all my life until a year ago when we moved to South Carolina. Your story cracked me up...I was lucky, my son never pooped in the tub. I'm so glad! Stop by if you get a chance and enjoy the blog party.

Romie said...

There seems to be a theme going around about babies pooping in strange places. While rolling around for the party I have read about three or four.

The Estrogen Files said...

ROTFL! My kids have ALL done this at least once. Makes for good blackmail fodder in the later years...
Just dropping in from the blog party to say HALLOO!! Come on over to The Estrogen Files sometime!

Julie said...

You know how I claimed G-Man had never pooped in the bathtub?!?!? Yep...Happy 28th Birthday, Mom....here are three presents for you....3 turds floating in the tub last night. Oh yes....he waits til he's 2 and on the brink of being potty trained before he sh*ts in the tub. :) FUN!