Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday 13






Thirteen Things about Amy
My husband has recently decided we need another dog to humor Ellie. I tend to disagree. So, here are my Thirteen Reasons I do not need another dog.

1. Dog hair, enough said

2. Babies crawl on the ground, puppies poop on the ground, babies put everything in their mouths, including poop I'm sure

3. Higher vet bills

4. More excrement to clean up

5. More money on dog training classes

6. More time needed to train the dog

7. Having to walk another dog in the cold Indiana weather

8. Puppies chew things

9. Pee does not come out of carpet

10. My bed is too small for another dog

11. Loud noises, ie barking, makes me shaky

12. Frankly, dogs smell. Don't you hate that on your hands?

13. When we go out of town we have to board them, more money we don't have.



So there ya have it, I don't think we're getting a dog!

Dog 21


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. Di (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

9 comments:

Di said...

Not to mention that dogs LOVE poopy diapers and will do anything to get at them. So you come home to poopy diaper shreds all over your house. Yuck. My first dog was 6 months old when I had my first baby and the kids were 10 and 12 when we got our current dog. But getting a new dog when you have a baby...difficult!

Anonymous said...

With a baby in house, a new puppy would be so much work. We have a cat that our 19 mos old likes to chase around - it's pretty stressful for the cat and us. My TT is up too. All about writing!

Unknown said...

I have two dogs that are like my babies, one sheds so much it is crazy. I never thought that one day shedding wouldn't bother me, I just wash blankets like all day! My babies are grown so I don't have to worry about the poopy diapers!!! :-)#2 for me here

Anonymous said...

i guess those are good enough reasons not to get a new dog...but i'm sure despite of all on ur list, they are still fun to be around!

Happy TT!

Unknown said...

hi amy who is also married to a michael,
let us know what kind you get...heehee

The Gatekeeper said...

Yeah, I wish I had made a list like this before I looked into those big brown Beagle eyes that said, "Take Me home." Aaaaah, oh well.

Lady G~ said...

So what are you going to name the new pup? I had made a similar list.

Our golden retrievers name is Nicodemus. He's been with us for 6 years now. He weighs 100 lbs and he's an indoor dog. For the first year or so we kept a towel on top of his crate. We used it to wipe his mouth every time he'd drink water. I'm not kidding. The water drops drove me nuts. Suffice to say that he learned to drink neatly.

We've trained him well. Other people are quite amazed at how well behaved he is. The ladies at the vet call him Smiley. Cause he "really" does smile.

Oh, when someone is not feeling well, he won't leave their side. He lays right at their feet.

Raggedy said...

When a dog chews up your childs favorite sippy cup it is the end of the world.
I like the dog you have on the bottom of the post. He looks well behaved and you don't have to walk, feed , or pick up after him.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Claire said...

I knew it was a good idea not to have a dog, i always wanted one as a kid though.