Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 32nd birthday, and here is a picture of my actual cake. Can we all say yummmmm?!?! My mom and stepdad came in on Saturday and they brought me a cheesecake with four different kinds, this being my favorite. mean seriously, cookie crust, thick creamy filling, chocolate chips to top it off, delicious!

I am so happy to say that I started off my 32nd year well and read the book of James this morning. I have to say, it is one of my very favorite books. It just has so much practical advice and wisdom. If you haven't read it in awhile, or ever, you really should. It is very easy to read and understand and it's only 5 chapters. It actually got me thinking about missions again. Oh, how I want to go on another trip! Our friends from church are going to the Caspian region for at least a year starting in August and I am so jealous! What a terrific thing for them. They have a 15 and 17 year old that are going and I can't imagine a better way for them to start out their young lives. They've invited us to visit next year, so you never know if we might get the bug!

Saturday we had a talent competition for the youth at church and then yesterday they got to perform their talents at a nearby nursing home. What a great thing that was! To see these young people already desiring to serve the Lord was really amazing. My heart just melted to see them singing in praise and worship. It made me sad for the waste of so many of my own years but so happy for them that they are just at the beginning. I do hope they spend them wisely! Being young is hard, you just want to fit in and feel happy. So many emotions and everything feels like the end of the world. It's so funny to look back and thing how little high school really means. My goodness, it's 4 years of so many others. I hope I can show Lilla that!

I hope today is a bright and sunny one for you all! Take care!

6 comments:

Deena Peterson said...

Happy, happy birthday, my friend!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday to you. I wish you would share your dessert, but then again I just pulled out the shorts and maybe not.
I hope you had a wonderful day and may the Lord Jesus bless you with many more.

Unknown said...

Awww....our birthdays are so very close to each other, and I turned 31, so you did beat me there :) Thanks so much for visiting me at http://wordsofgrandma.blogspot.com I really appreciate it! Hope you had a great birthday! I'll be back to your blog . . . you and I seem to share a lot of interests. It's always fun to meet new mommies! take care.

Mel said...

Happy Birthday Amy! Hope you are filled with abundent blessings throughout this year.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Happy Belated birthday! That cake looks delish.

Heart of Rachel said...

Belated Happy Birthday Amy! Hope you had a wonderful time with people closest to your heart.